We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Halloween

Hello

I will be in Cancun on Halloween whats the score there I know it is obviously a big thing in the states but what about Cancun do they have a bit of a party for the americans? Is this a good oppurtunity to go clubbing dressed as batman?

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween

Hi Rason - Yes, most of the bars in the hotel zone will have Halloween parties. Also, Mexico's Day of the Dead is November 2 so the two are sort of combined for the party scene. It's a perfect opportunity to wear your Batman costume! :)

Delta, BC
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween

Going to be in Playacar at Iberostar Tucan/Quetzel over Halloween. I gather they will also be celebrating ?? What is Day of the Dead? Will they be celebrating oct 31 and nov 2 ? Thanks

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween

CG..Congrats and good info...Halloween is one of my faves...What are you going to be?? Day of the dead is better known as Dia de las Muerte,,In Mexican culture it is a celebration for the dead,rather than throwing eggs and gathering candy....Both are fun......

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween

Sounds great. Thanks for the info guys. So ive read a little about day of the dead. What takes place is it a festival.

stoney creek
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halloween

Hey Rason why don,t you and Billy go as "police officers" lol

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Halloween

El Dia de los Muertos on the peninsula is much more low key than in other parts of Mexico, for example Oaxaca. People make altars in their homes and at schools with offerings for the deceased (their favorite food, drink, often tequila, and ciggies if they smoke) and there is usually a procession to the cemetery. I doubt you'll see much evidence of the holiday on your holiday.

Throughout the month of November families pay people (usually two) to come into their homes and do a prayer at their home altar and food is prepared for neighbors, family, and friends to share after the prayer.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halloween

Thanks 1LIFE2LIVE for the congrats. I'm not sure what I will be this year. Lately I've been into attaching gory things to my body. haha. Last year I had a stake glued on so that it looked like it was driven through my heart, and the year before I had both parts of a cut-in-half screwdriver glued onto to me so that it looked like it was stabbed through my shoulder, fake blood pouring down my arm. I liked that one and might use it again this year. :)

There's a good overview of Day of the Dead here for anyone interested in more info about the holiday: mexconnect.com/mex_/…jkdayofthedead.html

Hey Gabacha - I didn't know you were leaving Asador when Canuck did. I thought you were coming back up - sorry we didn't get the chance to talk more!

8. Re: Halloween

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 22:16