We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz Carlton or hyatt zilara?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Ritz Carlton or hyatt zilara?

I am picking between these two resorts and would appreciate some feedback! For people who have stayed at either or both, how does these resorts differ and compare to each other? How is entertainment and nightlife at both? My fiancé and I are in our early twenties and are looking for a luxurious resort which has a lively nightlife and is not overrun with children. I understand the hyatt zilara is adults only which is a plus, but how is the ritz Carlton at catering to adults and couples ? I appreciate any thoughts/experiences about the resort!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
50 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz Carlton or hyatt zilara?

Neither. Both are overpriced IMHO. You can stay at other adult only resorts that are all inclusive and adults only with much more benefits.

Edited: 05 July 2014, 23:44
Orange County...
Level Contributor
7,846 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz Carlton or hyatt zilara?

I love the Ritz but a lively nightlife it does not have. Other than that, the service there and catering to couples is fantastic.

I met a couple on their honeymoon there last year, they walked down the beach to Secrets to join beach volleyball. They said they were really enjoying the hotel, but I can see other places being more "fun" for young couples.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
30 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz Carlton or hyatt zilara?

Totally don't agree with Radius you get what you pay for. I had decided to go cheap and book the Oasis Sens only to read reviews that the air conditioner is spotty and there are leaks. We rebooked to the Hyatt Zilara. If you look at recommendations and ratings you will see the higher priced all inclusive adults only resorts consistently get better ratings across the board. That said if you want to weigh the savings with a lesser resort - the chances are you will be happy as long as you keep in mind you are not getting a 5 star resort and lower your expectations accordingly. The fact is with right attitude and right company I would think you could have fun at any resort 3+ stars.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz Carlton or hyatt zilara?

But....the original question: Hyatt Zilara is all inclusive. It's going to have buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner with possibly dinner reservations for specialty restaurants, more entertainment, more people around the pool drinking. Those are stereotypes of all inclusives but they are true compared to a resort like the Ritz. The Ritz will be more for a private, pampered vacation. You get what you pay for. Even at the very top of the line all inclusives, people go there and generally stay there. At an EP resort you get more people who go out to dinner, out on tours, etc so the resort isn't as busy all the time. I've stayed at both and like both but they are a very different vacation.

Cheryl

Orange County...
Level Contributor
7,846 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ritz Carlton or hyatt zilara?

all good points by cherylp.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
7,846 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ritz Carlton or hyatt zilara?

Another point is that compared to American Ritz Carlton's, the Cancun Ritz, depending on the season, can be an amazing bargain. A stay at the Ritz in LA for club level is usually over $600 per night, and in Cancun around $300. You do get a good deal for your money in Cancun, jmho.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ritz Carlton or hyatt zilara?

One nice thing about the Hyatt is you don't have to have a buffet for any meal unless you choose. There are a la carte breakfast, lunch, and dinner offered. We really loved the Hyatt when we stayed (it was the Royal at the time). There is no nightlife, but if you want to go to the clubs the bus ride is short and cheap.

If you want a livelier adults only scene, look at Secrets the Vine.

8. Re: Ritz Carlton or hyatt zilara?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 05:15