We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for any good sites to book decent price airline tix

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
307 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
looking for any good sites to book decent price airline tix

for xmas time,outta Boston soo far i see nothing great unless u want to spend 16 plus hours travelling;)

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for any good sites to book decent price airline tix

I have found that there is little if any difference between the different sites when comparing prices. I do use cheap tickets just to compare cost between the different airlines. Delta isn't always the cheapest, but you also need to consider baggage fees and we don't pay any with them. Looking at our vacation plans and airfare is at least 10% (some cases pushing 30%) higher than last year. Same week last yr we paid $530 this year it's over $750. Just check often because airlines do have some good rates but they are only available for a few days.

Chicago, Il.
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for any good sites to book decent price airline tix

I use KAYAK. They search multiple sites for you.XMas will be more expensive always.

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for any good sites to book decent price airline tix

Yes, Kayak is great but they don't always list the discount airlines. Out of Boston??? Check JetBlue. We have their Amex credit card, buy everything with it and basically fly free - just the minimal taxes.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for any good sites to book decent price airline tix

I agree, you are not going to get a disount air fare from any of the travel sites, it usually costs the same as the airline is charging. Just keep checking, but for Chrsitmas, you better book ASAP. Fares are always higher and the closer you get to the holiday, the more it's going to cost. If you're from this area I'm sure you know Jet Blue has many non stop flights to Cancun, so you might want to start there. Check every day and when you see a fare you can afford, book it. They do give you credit if the fare goes down, but for Christmas, I doubt the fares will drop.

Do you already have a hotel or resort? If not, you can save by booking a package with Expedia. We usually do this because we've found them to be the cheapest for our area. It's not the air fare you are saving on, it's the resort/hotel. Plenty of airlines to choose from, but we always use Jet Blue because they have more non stop options year round. Good luck.

Level Contributor
307 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for any good sites to book decent price airline tix

ty all soo much & i agree cancuncrew we noticed the same thing what a difference from last yr!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for any good sites to book decent price airline tix

this is a good site for airline tickets: http://www.skyscanner.com/

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for any good sites to book decent price airline tix

Try airfarewatchdog.com . You can receive daily, weekly or monthly alerts.

We got round trip tickets - Charlotte to Honolulu for $325pp (winter ) and round trip to Cancun for 4 people for just over $1000. (summer) They do all the work for you.

Also, [ if you dont already know this] , shop on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for the best price..... the discounted price usually last til Thursday..... but definitely goes up on Friday and through the weekend.

Good luck!

Level Contributor
307 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for any good sites to book decent price airline tix

yup did all those but the best bet is to get on eveyday,Finally nabbed my tics to SXM @ decent price And im not spending all day to get there woohoo!!..now as long as they dont change my fligt as they like to do; /

9. Re: looking for any good sites to book decent price airline tix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 05:15