We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Cancun renovation update?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Riu Cancun renovation update?

Looking to book the Riu Cancun for early October. Anyone know if the renovations will be done by then?

johnstone
Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Cancun renovation update?

I am due to go on 31st August, have been assured by both Thomson and Riu group the hotel will be complete by start of August so fingers crossed.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Cancun renovation update?

New pics on instagram. Looks nice

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Cancun renovation update?

Just got back from Riu Cancun which was a graduation trip for my 2014 college graduate and 2014 high school graduate. We stayed 3 Aug-8 Aug. The renovations were finished in time. The resort is ultra modern and clean. There were a few hiccups. Our phone wasn't working until 7Aug, but We had two adjoining rooms and the second room's phone worked. The sinks had no drains which I learned when I dropped an earring straight into the pipes! They sent a plumber and I got my earring back! The "free wifi" was for 90 minutes of consecutive use every 24 hrs, only and only in the lobby. There were initially problems with the wifi, but was resolved within a couple of days. I bought 3 days of wifi for $30 and lent my phone to the four teen/22 year olds with me. There were issues with reservations for the restaurants, which started out as 3, Steak, Japanese, and Italian. By midweek, the Italian, Toscana was a no reservations, 2 seating restaurant. The children enjoyed their stay, I have stayed twice at the Palace next door and loved it there, but I took the advice of a couple of Australian 20 something guys we met last Sep. 2013 who recommended Riu Cancun as being more "fun". Ernesto at the front desk was most helpful with the issues I had.

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Cancun renovation update?

Well, did the young people enjoy themselves?

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Cancun renovation update?

Sorry, I see where you said they did.

6. Re: Riu Cancun renovation update?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 05:15