We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ek Balam & Chichen Itza

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Ek Balam & Chichen Itza

Hi we are a young couple going to Cancun for the first time. I am researching information on going to Ek Balam & Chichen Itza. I am looking for tours that go to both sites but I didn't find much after looking into past forum posts (either very pricy private tour or not available anymore). Can anyone please recommend an agency that would have such tour combo under a hundred dollars?

Also, if I choose to drive, which part is the toll road and do the sites charge for parking? How to get to the cenotes (Ik Kil and X-cenche, respectively, or anyone near by) from both sites? What are the charges to the cenotes? I appreciate anyone that can kindly help me out. Thanks!

Happy Shuttle Cancun
Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours
AGI Tours & Transfers
Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours
Chichen Itza Tour
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ek Balam & Chichen Itza

Will answer in the morning.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,498 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ek Balam & Chichen Itza

Do what ever it takes to do both. You can skip Ik Kil & swim if you want in the cenote next to Ek Balam..

You probably will not find a trip to both for under $100.00.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,478 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ek Balam & Chichen Itza

The Mayan Adventure map/guide from cancunmap.com may be very useful if you do it on your own.

Here is an option if they have a large enough group:

entertainment-plus.net/affiliates/tour.asp…

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ek Balam & Chichen Itza

Rent car or hire car service with driver, see this way most sites possible in same day

Ik-Kil entrance fee is 70 pesos per person

Parking in Chichen-Itza 22 pesos

Chichen-Itza Entrance about 220 pesos per person, private Guide on site about $70 USD

Tolls about $280 pesos each way, but there also free road along with many speed bumps, so if you want to get there faster take toll road, otherwise free road is fun as you see small villages on the way, on toll you see nothing interesting.

Gasoline price up again!! they are now over $4 USD per gallon,!!! 13.54 pesos per liter

Edited: 14 July 2014, 15:33
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
303 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ek Balam & Chichen Itza

Mayan explorers offers a great tour.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ek Balam & Chichen Itza

Thank you everyone!

7. Re: Ek Balam & Chichen Itza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 05:17