We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Parnassus

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Golden Parnassus

Just booked the golden parnassus for September. very excited haven't been on vacation in forever and going with a few close friends. We got a real good price included airfare and transfers Through Apple Vacations. just wondering if there's any one that can provide any information of things we might need to know we only get to stay for 4 days 3 nights and want to make the most of it.

we did not pay for upgrade in the room so I don't Think that'll include a ocean view room....is this something we should reconsider? The pictures look beautiful. we were of the mindset that with the money we saved we could do a day trip to Isla Mujeres which I'm dying to go See.

Regarding nightlife...we have never been to Cancun before only the Riviera Maya and are excited to see what it's really all about. with that said is there Entertainment at the tiki bar in the evenings? on the beach? does anyone know what is close by to us at this particular resort?

I hope it's a nice place and I know if it doesn'T meet great expectations we will still have a great time and so happy to be away. any info would be of great help.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Parnassus

" just wondering if there's any one that can provide any information of things we might need to know we only get to stay for 4 days 3 nights and want to make the most of it."

Bring lots of sunscreen! Also, make sure you bring a party pack. You know tums, Ibuprofen, alka seltzers. lol

"we did not pay for upgrade in the room "

If there is one available they will sell it to you for $30.00 ish per night. upon check in. So, no worries there. That is the starting of the slow season. So, your chances are good imo.

" is there Entertainment at the tiki bar in the evenings?"

Oh yea, it gets crazy there at night depending on the crowd that's there. 90% of the time it's almost outtttttta controllllllllll!

Ohio
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Parnassus

Oh wow lol. That's good to know. we always bring sunscreen And every medicine known to mankind the older we get but thank you so much I appreciate the info. especially about the room. I have been reading as many reviews as I can regarding this place and it seems like it in the top third according to TripAdvisor. did you enjoy the food while you were there and as far as drinking we're not big drinkers would rather have one or two good drinks rather then several sugary drinks if that makes any sense.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Parnassus

We've been there 30 + times. . What keeps us coming back is the good food, drinks, cold AC in the rooms, service, and the party morning, noon, and night. Oh yea, the best beach in CUN. The facility needs some work but, they make up for it in every other way

Edited: 22 July 2014, 02:25
Ohio
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Parnassus

30 times! there must be something Nice that keeps you coming back. I have been reading in other threads and this resort is made mention of regarding its Lovely beach so that it is a big plus. do you have to make reservations for the restaurants?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Parnassus

No revs for restaurants

GMM
Hudson, New York
Level Contributor
710 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Parnassus

We'll also be there in September for our 10th time (2nd time this year). What are your dates ? No reservations at the restaurants. Bring an insulated cup or mug, even if only for ice water as the hot sun melts the ice quickly. They also have a nice spa if you are interested in massage, they offer a 2 for 1 special on certain days. Bring a bunch of singles for tips as you'll want to tip the staff for their awesome service. There aren't mini fridges in the rooms until you upgrade to club level but with the small size of the resort, you don't really need one.

Kansas City Mo
Level Contributor
425 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Parnassus

Does anyone know if the ocean is swimable here. We were at the Grand Solaris two years ago and could never get in the ocean. The waves were very strong and would knock you down even in a foot of water. Have wanted to try the resort but only if we can swim in ocean as we have a pool at home.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,548 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golden Parnassus

<Does anyone know if the ocean is swimable here.>

I've stayed here and at nearby resorts and swimmability varies. There always seems to be some chop and waves, and sometimes lots of it. You can go in, cool off, ride some waves in - but if you are thinking about swimming laps, probably not so much unless you get out beyond the break, which is a ways out. Again, it varies.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golden Parnassus

When the wind lays down the ocean is calm. No diff than the local lakes in your area.

Kansas City Mo
Level Contributor
425 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Golden Parnassus

Thanks for the info on the ocean. May try this resort in the future.