We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moon Palace

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Moon Palace

I am travelling solo to Moon Palace for ten days for a special occasion. I'm a bit concerned about all the negative reviews I have been reading. Just a few questions...i have booked concierge level and note that there is a special beach place, is there a special pool area? Is there an adults only pool? I note lots of people have been complaining about not being able to get reservations at restaurants and spa's - as this is why i mainly booked this hotel, i'm concerned and wondered if anyone can tell me if it is that bad? I think its too late to change! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chicago, Il.
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moon Palace

I wouldn't be overly concerned. Since you are there for 10-days, you should have no problem getting your reservations made. There is no adults only pool that I know of, but you can usually find yourself an isolated spot in a pool as there are so many and they are so large. The pools at the Grand side are more quiet. The pools on Sunrise are more rowdy and Nizuc is in between. I will be there on August 7th and I can't wait. We've been there a few times in the past and I would say not to worry. They'll take care of you there. Have a great trip.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
594 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moon Palace

Yes there is a special section on the Sunrise side for concierge (clear bands) & VIP (black bands) on the beach. Only Diamond club people have a special reserved spots around the pool near the "swing bar" at Sunrise. No adult pool at Moon Palace. Moon is for families, No special section at the pools for concierge. Moon is at 100% capacity right now. Not sure when you are traveling. The only restaurant that needs actual reservations is at the golf course. All other restaurants provide you with a black beeper that lights up in red when your table is ready. I would make your spa appointments on the day you arrive. But since you are going by yourself, you should have no problem getting in at all. Have a great time and enjoy yourself.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moon Palace

Thank you both..that is definitely reassuring. I am arriving 7th and from what I gather...it's at full capacity then. They just seemed to be getting quite a few bad or shall we say less than good and I was worried. I specifically picked this hotel for its size and restaurant options as I thought I wouldn't be sick of eating the same food but the beeper seems reasonable.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
594 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moon Palace

Don't worry about what others are saying. Moon has like 13 different restaurants and they are all excellent. They have traditional Mexican, Brazilian, Oriental, Caribbean & buffet. They also have outside steak & seafood over at sunrise. They built last year another outside place that is in front of the Flowrider that has burgers, nachos and fish fingers and fries. So good!!!!!

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moon Palace

Yes Moon Palace is fully booked until Aug 23. Sunrise section will be the busiest. If you are thinking of having dinner at 8, go down at 7 p.m. and get your beeper. Then head over to the bar for a few snacks & drinks. At Momo restaurant(Sunrise), there is a sushi bar and usually no waiting for it. We get our beeper and then head over to the sushi bar for a drink and some sushi. If you want to be at the tepanyaki table at Momo, you do have to prebook that. It is a lot of fun to sit and watch them cook your food.

Moon also has great room service. With concierge, you will be able to have the person in concierge book the Italian & tepanyaki table for you. We found that concierge hours are limited, so you have to find out what time they are working. Concierge also gets a special dinner prepared just for them -you can arrange to have it at any restaurant(except Italian) or even in your room. We had a special dinner prepared last year at Palapas Delphinis. They asked us what we wanted-we ordered Rib eye steak. The chef come over to our table after the meal for pictures.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moon Palace

well its not completely booked as I have just booked a room for a family member. I have now reached the stage where I would have changed hotels if i could. This really was supposed to be a very special trip. However, I still remain concerned. The last review was saying there was two hour waits for dinner. This is incredibly unacceptable for a five star hotel. the last review also said that there wasn't even places to sit whilst you waited. Its shocking that they have booked beyond capacity of their facilities. If I were palace resorts, I would concern myself with the fact that when I originally booked this resort, it was number 11 on trip advisor for the area, two months ago. It has dropped to number fourteen and the negative reviews keep coming. If i had saw the volume of negative reviews that are coming now, with the same consistent message, i probably would not have booked here. If the reviews so consistently contain the same messages, it can't be people being picky. I sincerely hope Palace resorts are reading these and are taking action because i'm shocked at the feedback in relation to the price.

Chicago, Il.
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moon Palace

Traveler rating

Out of over 10k reviews:

Excellent 6,461

Very good 2,192

Average 776

Poor 445

Terrible 327

I think you're getting worked up unnecessarily. 8.5 out of 10 people rate this hotel as Excellent to very good. Yes, if you get to a restaurant at peak times, there will be a wait. Same as at home if you do not have a reservation. If you start your trip with all of these negative concerns, you're bound to have a negative experience. You are booked at a beautiful resort. Go and enjoy it. As you stated, it's too late to change the reservation, so go and have fun and try not to worry so much. It's a Holiday after all. Safe travels.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
594 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moon Palace

Don't worry about what others are saying. They obviously have never stayed at a hotel in Cancun that is huge. I completely agree with zagloba. Go get your beeper and relax in the lobby bar and have a few drinks. There are plenty of chairs to sit on while you wait. Either go as soon as they open or around 8-9pm for dinner. Moon is a beautiful resort

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
153 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moon Palace

I was told that you can't reserve the Teppanyaki table at Momo anymore and need to line up at 4:15 to get one.

And the wait for other restaurants are usually 30 mins when they tell you 45 , we just go to the bar or the sweet shop to have some ice cream and wait...

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
594 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Moon Palace

All restaurants always have a long wait especially when you are at a resort. Waiting for a table shouldn't make you not want to stay at a hotel on vacation. When we find there is a wait, we still put on name down and go sit and have some drinks and relax. If you really don't want to wait for a table, go as soon as they open for dinner or after 8pm. The restaurants close around 10pm and you will still have great service and food after 8.