We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Moon Palace

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
158 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Moon Palace

ask me any questions you may have, I will try to answer them. Personally I find that that there isn't enough info (that I could find anyways) before I left home, so would like to contribute where I can.

disclaimer : you do need 2 or more weeks to actually see everything this place has to offer including the extrusions, we feel like we have only experienced maybe half of it... :-)

Edited: 26 July 2014, 00:25
UK
Level Contributor
65 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Moon Palace

Hi. We are staying in the golf resort apartments next year and I read virtually nothing about them. We get a buggy included so no problem whizzing around!

We are there mainly for golf and relaxation so would you say we are staying in the right place and then for the pool the Grand area.

Bit worried about the negatives on TA, but the summing up of resort is Las Vegas with areas that you can get away from it all! Would this be right?

Many thanks

Chicago, Il.
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Moon Palace

It's nothing like Las Vegas. It's three sections that are totally different and you can do as little or as much as you like. Golf course is very quiet and they do have a pool there. Grand has much nicer pools and everything is quite a ways from the golf course. You'll put the golf cart to good use.

UK
Level Contributor
65 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Moon Palace

Hi thanks for the post. I'm just abit concerned I'm going to somewhere that's too 'party'. Don't mind it some of the time but not all of the time! Sounds like we can find it if we want and escape if we want to also.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
158 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Moon Palace

Agreed, the golf section is amazing, quiet and people seem nicer too .. :)

london
Level Contributor
182 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Moon Palace

The grand is the quiet section so good choice! I'm going back in march and booked with Thomas cook so I could specifically book for the grand section

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
638 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Moon Palace

Is there transportation throughout the resort or will I be walking ALL of it lol?

Also do all of the rooms have a jetted tub of some sort? the pics here wold lead me to believe yes

Chicago, Il.
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Moon Palace

There is a bus that travels continuously between the three lobbies. It's probably about 20-30 minutes to make the rounds, so if you just miss it, you're going to wait a few minutes. You may get lucky and find a Golf cart that can take you somewhere. If you are eating at the Golf course or going to the spa, you can get a golf cart to take you. You will be walking a lot, no doubt. All of the rooms have hot tubs.

Calgary
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Moon Palace

Thanks for the post bestjst. I will be there 3 weeks and a bit - can't wait. We will be staying in the Nizuc section, have they finished renovating there? And with the resort credits, which tours did you booked - we are thinking of 3 tours for the week, is that too much?

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
158 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Moon Palace

I was told all the buildings are done now , while I am not 100% sure because I did see some buildings have nicer looking room doors and mine looks old, I like our room in the Pelican building.

Here is a detail review of our trip which includes some of experience at the resort credit paid tours for your reference.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g150807-d2191…

WI
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Moon Palace

What restaurants require reservations? Can you make reservations prior to arrival? Thanks!