We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Cancun with Kids questions

Can
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Paradisus Cancun with Kids questions

Looking to book Paradisus Cancun. I have a 5 yo boy and a 13 yo girl. The package that is available is not the "family concierge" one. Wondering if my kids will still find some activities to do or do I risk them get bored by the 3rd day of beach?

I know the pool is not idea for kids (no water park). Is there a lazy river, miniputt? or some other things like that? My daughter is crazy about volleyball and play at a relatively high level. I know she could play all day over there, but is there something organized for her to do so?

Planning to be there in August.

Thanks!

Red Bank, New Jersey
Level Contributor
194 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Cancun with Kids questions

i stayed here last fall. There were a lot of families there that were not family con. However not lot of activities for kids that I observed. I also did not see any volleyball at the resort. There is also no mini golf or lazy river. Also all water sports are across the street.

Have you looked at Paradisus La Esmerelda in Playa del Carmen? It is more kid friendly in the non family con area. Your five year old will love the pool. I do recall many more activities there as well that might interest a teen. The shows are better here and your close to PDC with its stores.

Tomelilla, Sweden
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Cancun with Kids questions

Thanks I've stayed off resort in PDC and liked it. But our choices are pretty narrow right now (I won't get into the reasons!).

Paradisus, Now Sapphire or Bahia Principe Coba. Coba seems the logical choice for family, just the reviews I've read that make it sound like a campground in the jungle scare me off.

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus Cancun with Kids questions

The Paradisus Cancun does have children's activities, and their own pool. Not sure if one need stay with family concierge though.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus Cancun with Kids questions

This is not really a kid friendly resort. Kids can go there of course, just not a lot for them to do. Would i tbake my kids there? I don't think so but maybe. It would not be my first choice Since there are better options for kids. Beach palace, hard rock, omni, moon palace, gran caribe real, riu palace las americas,

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus Cancun with Kids questions

Agree cancuneone,

When we were there last (Feb 2013) there were kids, but being the time of year, they seemed to be younger, and there were not a lot of them. We only saw them at NAOS for breakfast. None were ever at the main pool, that I remember anyway.

As cowboyeyes3 mentioned, perhaps Paradisus La Esmeralda in PDC. They do cater to children. We stayed on the La Perla side of the resort, and never saw children there. We did walk over to see the La Esmeralda side, and there were very few people out. Of course the pouring rain didn't help any. It's a bit higher priced there, but depending on time of year, it's not too bad.

Tomelilla, Sweden
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus Cancun with Kids questions

Yes La Esmeralda looks what we should have booked. Sadly we've have to make a choice between the 3 I listed earlier. On review videos we can see soccer nets and volleyball area in Paradisus, are these down now? Or there simply no programmed activities around those?

Denver
Level Contributor
469 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradisus Cancun with Kids questions

We were just there in June with our 9 year old. Not a whole lot for kids, she did go to the kids club on our last day and said she wished she had gone earlier. Bring sand toys and floaties for the pool, always helps make more fun for the kiddos.

Tomelilla, Sweden
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradisus Cancun with Kids questions

How about restaurants, do some restrict access to kids and bars, like blue agave ?

thanks

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradisus Cancun with Kids questions

They may at certain hours, but kids will probably want to eat at NAOS most days, as it's the buffet, and kids can be picky eaters.

Denver
Level Contributor
469 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradisus Cancun with Kids questions

The kids can go to most of the restaurants, if I recall it was the mexican restaurant that was adult only. Blue agave is ok for kids as we ate there the first night. All restaurants offered something for the kids, you may have to ask.