We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IAD to CUN. ~$211 roundtrip on January 2015 Saturdays

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,636 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
IAD to CUN. ~$211 roundtrip on January 2015 Saturdays

Frontier Airlines as reported on Scubaboard. I verified that price for 10-17 Jan 2015. That includes taxes. I do not know about other fees with Frontier.

Bryans Road
Level Contributor
3,828 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IAD to CUN. ~$211 roundtrip on January 2015 Saturdays

Heck of a price! Thanks!

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,433 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IAD to CUN. ~$211 roundtrip on January 2015 Saturdays

Wow, CoPilot! Had to confirm this one for myself too. They appear to be a new non-stop route, pending approval. The outbound flight is later in the day than I'd want, but who cares for that price.

Now I'll have to find a reason for a January trip :-). Thanks!

Va
Level Contributor
10,602 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IAD to CUN. ~$211 roundtrip on January 2015 Saturdays

That is a steal. I don't think it can be any cheaper with taxes. I have never seen anything lower than $400 out of IAD and that usually requires a connection. The direct flight is usually $700 or more. Something totally ridiculous is that you can usually fly out of Charlottesville to IAD for that non stop flight to Cancun for $200- $300 less than it would cost if you booked just the IAD to CUN segment. Charlottesville is only about an hour and a half drive from IAD.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,206 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IAD to CUN. ~$211 roundtrip on January 2015 Saturdays

According to many reports, Frontier is out to establish themselves as the new Spirit ultra low cost carrier. The management even came to them from Spirit. Will be interesting to see if it all works out for them.

Va
Level Contributor
10,602 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IAD to CUN. ~$211 roundtrip on January 2015 Saturdays

I can see why they are targeting IAD. United dominates that airport so I am sure it is prime for a low cost carrier to come in and take care of business.

6. Re: IAD to CUN. ~$211 roundtrip on January 2015 Saturdays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 06:17