We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at Oasis Sens?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
538 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach at Oasis Sens?

I've heard the beach at Oasis Sens is very nice, but I'm wondering if there are a lot of vendors, and also what resorts are on either side, and if they are close. Is there a lot of area for walking the beach, and anything interesting to walk by?

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at Oasis Sens?

Beach & water are great, not many vendors walking up & down the beach. If possible get an ocean view room. Walk the length of the 7, 1 mile to the South & 6 to the North. Caution for weak swimmers it can be rough at times but they should have a life guard on duty. Solymar & GR Solaris on either side.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at Oasis Sens?

Thanks -- anything interesting to walk by on the beach, south or close north? I'm not walking 6 miles on the beach to the north, LOL. 6 miles on the beach is like 18 miles on the street!

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at Oasis Sens?

No not, really just the architecture of the different hotels. About 200 yards North of your location on the main road are a minor set of Mayan ruins called El Ray, About $5.50 to get in, Takes about an hour or less but still pretty cool.

Edited: 08 August 2014, 19:31
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at Oasis Sens?

Yes, thank you -- we plan on doing El Ray. We were actually going to do it once when we stayed at the Golden Parnassus, but it never happened. That d@mn beach gravity! This time we'll try harder. : )

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach at Oasis Sens?

The most in seen for vendors was the odd sunglasses, hats, bracelets, cigar person. And not everyday.

Outside of the man with the poor monkey doing pictures.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach at Oasis Sens?

Thanks! I like a little bit of vendors anyway. What I don't like is the hotel staff running up and down the beach,. trying to sell you their spa package. We heard the spiel at least 3 times a day at Iberostar Tucan -how annoying!

7. Re: Beach at Oasis Sens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:17