We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moon palace vs Hard rock cancun

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Moon palace vs Hard rock cancun

Trying to choose between these 2 hotels for our 10 night honeymoon at the start of march. Anyone been to both??? Anyone now which is best??? We enjoy a drink,love eating and enjoy our time round the pool.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moon palace vs Hard rock cancun

I've been to both, but not recently... HR when it was still Cancun Palace. Which is "best" is very subjective. HR has a few hundred rooms, MP has a few thousand. Based on size alone, MP has many more restaurants, pools, etc. MP is kind of out of the way, meaning leaving the resort involves a taxi. The beach at MP is nowhere near as nice as the beach at HR. HR has a bit more of a "party" reputation. HR is in the heart of the hotel zone, with easy access to clubs and shopping. So it depends on what you're looking for. Staying at the resort, sitting by the pool, with lots of dining options...the MP could do it for you. If you like a little action around the pool, a beautiful beach, and plan to venture out for shopping and hitting some night spots, then HR would be good. If you're looking for location in the hotel zone, a nice beach, but something a little quieter, take a look at Sun Palace. Adults only, very laid back, but only a short bus ride to all the action you could want. Good luck, and congrats!

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Moon palace vs Hard rock cancun

I think we will go for the moon palace allow the beach at HR looks great. I no the palace resorts run a free shuttle into there other hotels in the hotel zone so we will prob make use off that so we can make use of the beach!

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moon palace vs Hard rock cancun

Just know that from MP, you can't visit HR (unless you've booked through a member with an older membership....complicated). While Palace and the Hard Rock properties in the area are owned by the same family, operationally, they are separate. The shuttle from MP takes you to the Beach Palace....which is our personal favorite. Have fun!

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Moon palace vs Hard rock cancun

Thanks for the info.

ireland
Level Contributor
325 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moon palace vs Hard rock cancun

Highly recommend sun palace

london
Level Contributor
182 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moon palace vs Hard rock cancun

I would go MP I have been been hard rock but it's bang on th steip and smaller then MP, I am going back in march for my 3rd time it's such a lovely hotel and plenty or food and drink all day and drinks in your room.

You can get a shuttle to the beach palave (the shopping centre is across the road) the coach drops twice a day 12 and 2 you have to get the 4pm back if you board the 12pm and 6pm back if you board the 2pm.

We got a taxi from the MP into the shopping centre one night as we wanted to go out about 6ish and we told the taxi driver a rough time we wanted to come back and he was there waiting (I think they literally wait with the taxis incase you decide you want to come back earlier) we only paid about £40 which is cheap really considering it's a far but away and it was a return I paid £35 just to get home from oxford street in London!

7. Re: Moon palace vs Hard rock cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 06:16