We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews for the Grand Opening of Dreams Sands

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews for the Grand Opening of Dreams Sands

Only 2 weeks to go before the official opening of the new Dreams Sands Resort! I will be there in early October, and I am hoping any training and service issues are resolved by then. Any new resort will take some time to be perfect. Anyone heading there before me, please take the time to write a review when you get home. If you are reading this, you know how valuable Trip Advisor reviews and forums are. Tips to having a great trip (for me) are: keep a great attitude, set reasonable expectations, have patience, drink lots of water, watch alcohol consumption, and just relax! Safe and happy travels!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews for the Grand Opening of Dreams Sands

I am looking forward to the reviews too! Keep us posted!

Orlando, Florida...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews for the Grand Opening of Dreams Sands

I will be there the first week from the 3-7 so I will write a review once I get back

Va
Level Contributor
11,269 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews for the Grand Opening of Dreams Sands

My view is different. If I am spending my hard earned money, I don't expect hassle. I expect perfection. This isn't a new resort. It was a rather low end resort. It's kind of surprising that they have kept the place open and are going to basically open it with a new name and the same staff. I am amazed at the expectations of people posting here. I hope for the best for you all, but history predicts it will take time.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews for the Grand Opening of Dreams Sands

In my research I found that the Dreams Cancun resort has been sold. I wonder if the staff will move over to the Sands. If that is the case, then there should not be many issues except the property improvements.

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviews for the Grand Opening of Dreams Sands

Hey there, I have been scrounging all over to see info on the new hotel . May i ask how you know they kept the hotel open,... I had thought there was a renovation going on? If they were open as you said, that worries me. I'm schedule to be there Sept 20th .

Should I be worried? This is our first all inclusive.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews for the Grand Opening of Dreams Sands

Hi. We are here now at the dreams sand resort. Yesterday was their grand opening. Lots of issues so far. They're trying, but you can tell they aren't fully prepared for their grand opening. Hopefully they'll be more organized when you arrive.

Fort Kent, Maine
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviews for the Grand Opening of Dreams Sands

Any way you can post some pics of the place? Does it seem like there has been lots of renovations by Dreams? Do you know if they kept their employees from the other location?

I'm just interested to know since a group of us are heading there next April....

Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviews for the Grand Opening of Dreams Sands

A couple of girlfriends and I are celebrating our 50th birthdays there Nov 15-22. Please write a review when you return from you trip. Looks amazing!

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviews for the Grand Opening of Dreams Sands

Will do kleetheisen! Let me know if there are specific questions you want answers to and I will do my best.

Fort Kent, Maine
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Reviews for the Grand Opening of Dreams Sands

Is there still renovations going on? Is there lots of noise from the renovations? How does the rooms look - clean or work in progress? How is the food?