I thought I should start my own thread instead of butting in on someone else's =). I have obsessively been researching AI AO resorts in Cancun for weeks now and I am so overwhelmed with information. My husband and I are planning a couple's getaway next year (not sure of month - July-Nov) and I just can't decide where to stay. He is a pretty laid back guy so his list of wants is nothing like mine (isn't that has it usually is ladies?!?!). I have been going back and forth between Hyatt Zilara, Liva Aqua or Secrets the Vine. I AM SO TORN!!! When speaking to my hubby, the one thing he really likes having in the room is a liquor dispenser. We think it is fun to mix up some beverages in the room. Mind you, this is not a deal breaker but it would be nice. Here is what I am looking for . . .
* All inclusive
* Adult only
* Nice balcony (not teeny like the balcony we had at Moon which was a total joke)
* Ocean view (not partial ocean and a view of the rooftops of the other resorts O-o)
* Jacuzzi in room if possible
* Liquor dispenser in room
* Shows in the evenings
* A place where there is some action in the evening (even if it is just one happening bar with some hip music playing) BUT not opposed to going out to bars/clubs close by
* Great pools and an infinity pool would be a plus
* Good spa for hubby and I to get a massage (BTW, are the AO spas coed, as in we can do the steam room, etc. together before our massages?)
* And since our trip is an attempt to escape reality for a while, I'd really like to be treated like a Princess =o).
* Hubby and I don't really eat during the day. We like a good breakfast buffet and then a nice dinner. This is going to sound so silly but a breakfast buffet with yummy french toast and Nutella to spread on it is evil but desired. I had never had Nutella until we went to Moon. I saw people spreading it on their pancakes, toast and french toast so I decided to try it. OMG! BEST THING EVER! I even put maple syrup on it. No wonder I gained 10 pounds on vacation!!
We would also like a resort that is not too "stuffy" and there are lots of couples to mingle with. I'm 43 and my hubby is 44. We are young at heart! To me, there are nice elegant places that are still homey and friendly and then there are those places that are just too stuffy and I don't feel like I fit in.
Thanks for reading my book!! I look forward to everyone's suggestions!!Edited: 18 August 2014, 19:25