We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking in the hotel zone

Worcester...
Level Contributor
23 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
smoking in the hotel zone

I was wondering if there are any hotels in the hotel zone that have smoking rooms or even if smoking is allowed on balconies of hotel rooms? My husband is a smoker as am I, but my husband likes to be able to smoke in his room.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smoking in the hotel zone

We don't smoke inside even at home. Don't think any hotels allow smoking inside. We will smoke on the patio which is fine at most but recently I noticed there are a few that do not allow even that. Understandable since smoke does find its way through the cracked patio door of your neighbors. During our stays in August however we rarely notice anyone ever on their balconies (too hot).

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
242 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoking in the hotel zone

The last 2 trips to Live aqua and Riu Peninsula they allowed you to smoke in the balcony and open areas, but I am almost certain that people smoke in the rooms in the Riu...

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
46 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smoking in the hotel zone

There was an ashtray in my room at FCA last year but I don't know the actual rule on smoking there, certainly outside wasn't an issue

Worcester...
Level Contributor
23 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smoking in the hotel zone

Thank you! Im looking into both live aqua and riu. I saw both balcony and terrace rooms at riu, which is t the better option?

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,962 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smoking in the hotel zone

Another thing to consider, does Hubby smoke at the Pool ? At LA there are smoking receptacles placed on the walkways around the pool area..Smoking around the pool is permitted, just be aware of the non smokers around you..

Smoking in the room, even tho ashtrays are provided, just lite up on the balcony..I have heard rumors that that may even not be allowed at LA.....Beware of the smoking enforcement police...:)

Worcester...
Level Contributor
23 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: smoking in the hotel zone

Do you know if LA has to be all inclusive or if there is an option to opt out?

Edited: 20 August 2014, 00:07
LaSalle, Canada
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: smoking in the hotel zone

LA is all inclusive only there is no option to opt out. LA is part of the Fiesta Americana Group and the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa is a non all-inclusive property, however it is not an adult-only resort.

As mentioned above LA is fairly liberal as far as smoking in the open areas however all rooms are non-smoking and there is a no smoking on the balcony policy.

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
242 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: smoking in the hotel zone

" I saw both balcony and terrace rooms at riu, which is t the better option?" definitively terrace rooms are better in my opinion, I got a great deal at hot wire secret rate (120 per night/pp).

The balcony in LA had a ashtray, so I assumed smoking in the balcony was allowed...

Edited: 20 August 2014, 04:56
9. Re: smoking in the hotel zone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 07:17