We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Topic
American Airlines

So we were getting ready to book our vacation for next June using Orbitz. We were pleased with our AA flight schedules out of Indianapolis. I go to book this morning and there is NO American Airlines flight schedules on Orbitz out of Indy for the dates. Did they pull the flights or is Orbitz updating flight schedules? There was just some US Airways flights that had bad flight times/schedules.

Anyone know why or have a guess to why the AA flight times/schedules have been pulled or not showing up on Orbitz?

Thanks!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: American Airlines

Just found this article to answer my own question:

…cnn.com/2014/…

Ohio
Level Contributor
549 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Airlines

If the flights fit into your schedule better, I would check Travelocity and the other sites. I, personally, haven't seen much difference in pricing between them.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Airlines

Orbitz is having a hotel sale now so if your hotel is one on sale (plus a promotional code), see how much it is, then book the air direct with AA and the hotel with Orbitz.

Edited: 26 August 2014, 21:53
columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Airlines

since AA and USAIR joined together, some flights are liable to have either or one of these airlines giving the service from Indy. Also they are both using codeshares

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: American Airlines

The promo codes for Orbitz are only until March 31st of next year I believe and we are traveling next June.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,512 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: American Airlines

Also try Cheaptickets and their mobile app.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American Airlines

CheapTickets falls under the Orbitz corporate umbrella, they're out to for AA & US Air purchases.but possibly an alternative for other carriers.

"American Airlines Inc. has pulled its flight listings off consumer websites powered by Orbitz “effective immediately,” the Fort Worth-based airline announced Tuesday.

US Airways Inc. fares will come off as of Monday...."

"Orbitz vice president Chris Chiames confirmed that American had notified his company that its flights would not be listed on the Orbitz sites. American’s withdrawal extends to Orbitz’s other websites, such as CheapTickets and European-based ebookers.com."...

dallasnews.com/business/airline-industry/201…

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,512 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: American Airlines

You are correct Dangers. I just checked COS - DFW on Cheaptickets for tomorrow and there are no American Airlines flights listed even though there are around four.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,119 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: American Airlines

Danger is correct. Any companies associated with Orbitz, including Cheaptickets, will not show AA and US Airways (which are now one and the same) in their systems. You cannot always count on finding all your flights in on line sites such as Orbitz. For example, Southwest is now serving Cancun and you can only book them directly with Southwest. They refuse to pay the fees charged on the sites or to pay a commission.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: American Airlines

I received an e-mail yesterday afternoon from AA stating that their flights could no longer be booked on Orbitz. I had been checking package prices in the morning; flights were AA; after the e-mail, flights were the same, only under USAirways name (operated by AA) and package was over $100 more expensive.