We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A night out, which would you pick?

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
A night out, which would you pick?

Staying at moon Palace the last week of September, looking to go out one night. I have narrowed it down to 2 : Xoximilco OR Captain Hook dinner cruise, please let me know your thoughts

We are a couple in our mid 30's

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
522 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A night out, which would you pick?

Hi Amanda L,

I cant make comment on Xoximilco but im sure someone on here will give their opinion on that.

when we were in Cancun in April 16 of us went on captain hook's pirate ship and we all had an amazing night.

the entertainment is very funny and the drinks are flowing from the off.

halfway through the boat trip you are taken downstairs in the ship where you have dinner, steak, lobster or both, with lots of accompaniments

then its back up to the deck where more fun and games are had before partying the night away as you head back to shore.

everyone of us loved it and would definitely recommend it for a night out.

Mark

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
283 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A night out, which would you pick?

I have not been on the Captain Hook cruise but have been to Xoximilco and LOVED it! I've been to the original in Mexico City and I think the Xcaret Group did a fantastic job of recreating it here in Cancún. Personally, I feel you can do dinner cruises like the Captain Hook one anywhere. There are only two places you can do Xoximilco (Cancún and el DF).

I wrote a review about it. Read mine. :)

Edit: we loved it so much we are taking our friends (whom we are taking with us on our upcoming trip) to Xoximilco when we return to Cancún next month.

Edited: 27 August 2014, 16:33
Mentioned in this post
Captain Hook Cancun
Captain Hook Cancun
5,871 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
new york
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A night out, which would you pick?

What is the Xoximilco one?

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A night out, which would you pick?

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g150807-d58…

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A night out, which would you pick?

Was considering going to both, but with each of these 2 nights, costing approx. $250 per couple Im just not sure I want to spend $00 on 2 nights out . . ..

6. Re: A night out, which would you pick?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:16