We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any place to go or things to do near airport?

LA
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any place to go or things to do near airport?

My husband and I arrive at 6:30am in the morning to Cancun. We're staying in Playa del Carmen so we want to take the Ado; however, the first Ado out is at 9:15am. Is there any place to go or to eat near the airport (preferably within walking distance or a quick taxi ride)? We will each have a rolling carry-on suitcase so we prefer not to go where a lot of walking is required. Thank you!

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any place to go or things to do near airport?

Nothing much to do around the airport. You should be through immigrations and customs in about a hour. If it were me I would book a shared shuttle and be in PDC in about an hour. You may be able to get In your room early or the resort can hold your luggage until your room is available. For me the extra cost to get a shuttle from the airport to your resort and be able to enjoy the beach, pool or get something to eat / drink would be worth it to me

LA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Any place to go or things to do near airport?

Thanks, CancunCrew! I completely agree with you...it was just a matter of convincing my husband. We just booked our transfer so we're good to go now. Couple of extra hours of (hopefully) fun in the sun!

3. Re: Any place to go or things to do near airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 06:16