We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Sunset- AI mandatory or not?

Cincinnati
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Sunset- AI mandatory or not?

I paid this off back in 2004 and have not stayed at Royal Sunset yet but have used the interclub to stay in Aruba for my honeymoon in 2005. It was a hassle with their old reservations system but otherwise we had a great time afterwards...

Anyway, we are interested in renting out our weeks but not sure how to deal with the all-inclusive fee that they have at Royal Sunset.

I've searched some rentals for Royal Sunset by other owners and some post that the all inclusive plan is optional and then others post that it is mandatory. I have received email responses from Sunset's reservations rep, Luz Salinas, who said that the AI is mandatory at both Royal Sunset and Sunset Lagoon and you must pay for per person for as many days that you will be staying at the resort (which I think is ridiculous, I would rather choose how many days to be on it).

Someone else told me that it is not mandatory for renters but the renters would be going under my name right,? So wouldn't they have to pay?

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Carle Place, New...
Level Contributor
119 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Sunset- AI mandatory or not?

Check your contract. If you are obligated to use the AI then whoever you rent to must. We went to Royal Sunset on my sister's RCI plan and had to do the AI>

Michigan
Level Contributor
976 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Sunset- AI mandatory or not?

Absolutely right. If your contract says AI is mandatory, it is for whoever uses your week. Ours is non-AI from 1994 or so. They didn't do AI then. I believe the new ones are all mandatory-AI. If it's not mandatory AI then you can choose to do AI for a day or so, the whole week or not at all.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
805 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Sunset- AI mandatory or not?

The AI is mandatory at both. I got scammed to buying one at the sunset also. what a shame

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Sunset- AI mandatory or not?

I know that in our RCI book, the Royal Sunset is listed twice (with different numbers). One is AI mandatory and the other is AI optional. I'm not sure what happens when you own there. This is just to exchange through RCI.

5. Re: Royal Sunset- AI mandatory or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 07:16