We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapticketscancun.net. Is it a SCAM???

Los Angeles, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Cheapticketscancun.net. Is it a SCAM???

Just last week I received junk fax offering 6 days 5 nights all-inclusive stay at 5-6 stars resort in Cancun (list include Melia Tarquesa and Omni Hotel & Resort) for only $321 per person but have to buy a minimum of 2 person. As a bonus, they give me 3 days 2 nights hotel in Vegas. They promised me that there is no timeshare seminar that I have to attend. I bought into what they said and purchased it for 2 people. 3 days after I received DHL delivery containing reservation form for both Cancun and Las Vegas. The letter that came with it said it is from Travelcomm.com and as quoted from the letter "Travelcomm is the vacation fulfillment company for the vacations you have recently purchased". After I read the discussion forum on the internet about this company I started to think that I am being scammed. I called back to the Cheapticketscancun.com and wanted to cancel. They kept transferring me to their managers and all of the were very rude. They said that they are located in Cancun but none of them have any Spanish accent. They told me that when I purchased the packaged I was informed on about the no cancellation policy and all of the phone conversation was recorded. That was their threat to me and I felt useless. Could it be that Cheapticketscancun.com is another company that Travelcomm.com has just created? I want to cancel in writing and will mail the letter to all of the address I can find associated with two of this companies. I have called my credit card company to dispute the charge (the charge has gone through) with the basis of scam. Credit card company said that the charge came from "Mexico Vacations" and it's not Travelcomm. com. I don't know if I am able to dispute the charge. The credit card company told me that I will be given the answer in 30 days. Please advise me what my chances are of getting my money back. Will they send me confirmation of my cancellation?

Ogden
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapticketscancun.net. Is it a SCAM???

Did you ever find out if cheapticketscancun.com is a scam? We just bought the same nonrefundable trip and now I'm starting to worry.

Ogden
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapticketscancun.net. Is it a SCAM???

Did you ever find out if cheapticketscancun.com is a scam? We just bought the same nonrefundable trip and now I'm starting to worry.

NYC
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapticketscancun.net. Is it a SCAM???

The exact same thing happened to me on September 26, 2006. I also was not informed of the no cancellation policy and I was not informed of the additional peak season fees that were not included. I received the e-mailed nonrefundable receipt on September 29, 2006 after my charge card posted the charge on September 28, 2006. They requested my signature and return. I did not sign it. I immediately called them and told them that I had not been informed of the peak season fees and asked what they were. They told me that the did not know and that I would have to speak to the sales manager. I asked them to give me the telephone number to the sales manager and they said they do not know it and that I would have to wait for my package to be delivered in the mail. I told them that this was not reasonable and that I wanted to cancel the trip and get a refund. The first time they hung up on me and the second time they became verbally abusive telling me I was a liar. I had to disconnect due to the verbal abuse and I notified my credit card company to try to reverse the charge. I have to wait 30 days to see if they will resolve the dispute in my favor. On Oct 2 2006 I received the DHL and it contained reservations from Travelcomm.com that required me to send an additional $99 per person for a two person package and that they would then send me the list of "resorts" that I could chose from. They also stated that if I sent in the application, that no representations made to me by any other company including cheap tickets. com were binding so of course the resort listed posted on the cheapticket.com website was not binding. I of course did not send in this reservation either. I am hoping the credit card company understands that this is a huge scam and finds in my favor.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapticketscancun.net. Is it a SCAM???

Len90071,

I also recieved this junk fax and thought it was legitimate because it went to my fiance's company (a large fortune 500). I bought the package too, for 4 people, and it cost $1192. The entire phone call I had with the agent was very confusing (the manager threw in free vacations to Orlando, Las Vegas and Hilton Head). In hindsight I feel very stupid to have gotten into this situation.

First, AFTER I gave my credit card number they told me of "tax and gratuityl" charges of 99$ per person, and then when I asked for more information they told me to go to their website "Cheapticketscancun.com." Secondly, AFTER I bought the package the agent told me this was a non-refundable package. But according to Florida state law you do have 30 days to cancel this package. At the BBB.org site this is what they have posted "The State of Florida's Seller of Travel Act states that consumers may "CANCEL THE CONTRACT WITHOUT ANY PENALTY OR OBLIGATION WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF RECEIPT. "YOU MAY ALSO CANCEL THE CONTRACT IF ACCOMMODATIONS OR FACILITIES ARE NOT AVAILABLE PURSUANT TO A REQUEST FOR USE AS PROVIDED IN THE CONTRACT." "IF YOU DECIDE TO CANCEL, YOU MUST NOTIFY THE SELLER/PROMOTOR IN WRITING OF YOUR INTENT TO CANCEL BY RETURNING THE CERTIFICATE AND SENDING NOTICE TO THE SELLER AT HIS ADDRESS.""

Also, The agent kept telling me they were recording my conversation, but that is pretty much meaningless. I doubt they actually recorded our conversation, and even if they did I think the conversation would incriminate them more so than me.

After I had made this purchase they told me they would send me a email confirmation which I did not receive (the agent told me I should get an e-mail 5 to 10 minutes after I hung up with him). When I tried calling them again I was repeatedly hung up on and could not talk to any customer service rep. Yesterday I got my packet from DHL, and was also surprised that it was from "travelcomm" and not from "cheapticketscancun." The packet contains a few generic brochures and an uninformative DVD that shows some flashy pictures of people enjoying their vacation. I did some research and suggest you go to the BBB.org site. Travelcomm has 237 complaints in the last 36 months and 127 complaints in the last 12 months.

Also to help you in your dispute claim with your credit card company you can also add that you never booked your vacation package through Mexico Vacations (the company that also charged me), but through Cheapticketscancun, so you never had a contract or agreement with the charging company.

This is a scam and you should not only dispute the charge but also report your credit card lost and stolen because the company still has your credit card # as well as your security code. I would not put it past these con artists to recharge you. Your credit card company should be able to dispute this charge without a problem--I'm going through this process right now and my credit card company has been helpful so far. They are crediting my account the full 1192 plus 4 (1$) charges Mexico Vacations also charged me. Please let me know how everything works out for you! I hope it works out for me too. I'm about to file a complaint with the BBB or southcentral Florida, and write a letter to Travelcomm to tell them I am and have canceled this "vacation package". I feel really stupid to have fallen for this, but I as you and everyone else who fell for this were tricked and lied to.

S, Chicago, IL

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapticketscancun.net. Is it a SCAM???

Just finished complaining to the SC Florida BBB, and suggest you all do the same. The more people who say they have been scammed means more credibility for everyone. GO to BBB.org to file your complaint--I filed one against Travelcomm and cheapticketscancun.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapticketscancun.net. Is it a SCAM???

Sorry, made a mistake, its not Mexico Vacations, but Mexico Marketing.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapticketscancun.net. Is it a SCAM???

I am sorry that this has happened to all of you. I remember reading some threads several months ago here on TA about Travelcomm. Do a search in the box above and you will see what has happened to others that fell for this scam too.

I wish you all good luck in getting your money back.

Williston, VT
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapticketscancun.net. Is it a SCAM???

This happened to us last year. Travelcomm is a huge scam. Travelcomm is located in Florida and the person who mentioned you have 30 days is absolutely correct.

I found out after we booked but fortunately I hadn't signed for the DHL package, so when they tried to deliver it I told them I would not accept the package - someone called me from Travelcomm and gave me a bunch of abuse about not accepting the package that I had already paid for and I told them I was contacting my credit card company. We did contact our credit card company and didn't get charged for the package. Our friends that had already signed for the package contacted their credit card company and explained the situation and they were credited also. We sent a letter to the Travelcomm office in Florida stating the Florida 30 day cancellation rights. and didn't hear anything from them. If you google Travelcomm you will find some interesting scam info on them. I think there was something written by an old employee who blew the whistle on them. He gives all the details of what they do. Good Luck - I hope you get things straightened out.

Philadelphia
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheapticketscancun.net. Is it a SCAM???

My boyfriend was just scammed by this place on Friday. They faxed his trailer office the 'deals' and he bought 2 tickets because he knew that I really wanted to go. Then Sunday night I searched online and found out that the site he booked through CheapTicketsCancun.org/.net/.com, or whatever they are calling themselves, is a scam and is run by Travelcomm. I found this thread-thank god-and told him about it. Unfortunately he put it on his debit card since he has no credit card yet and Mexico Vacations withdrew the money on Saturday morning! (which seemed pretty fast for processing a transaction like that). So he called his bank this morning and they said that there is not much that they can do and the CheapTickets place is saying he authorized it and they are willing to play back his 'tape'

Can anyone please give me some advice? He just graduated college and losing $775 would really devastate him! Should we call the FL BBB and see what they say?

HELP!

Delawarean
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheapticketscancun.net. Is it a SCAM???

A lot of what everyone has written here is true; the fax machine "phishing" at my place of business, the recorded transaction, the rude treament when you call back and try to cancel, this is a disreputable and sleazy bunch of people. However, if you follow the letter of the law, you CAN get your money back. We did not take no for an answer, we fought and we won. Let me share with you what we did/wrote, feel free to cut and paste...

To Whom It May Concern:

I am promptly returning this vacation package and respectfully requesting that you cancel this package and reverse the charges on my credit card. After booking this vacation package on DATE, I had a change of heart and called back within 10 minutes to cancel. I spoke with JM at ext 1061, the exact same woman who booked the vacation; she then put me on hold to speak to the accounting department. She came back on the line a few minutes later and said that the package would be cancelled and refunded. I have a witness to the second conversation, as my husband was listening in on a 3-way conference, and he heard JM say that the package would be refunded.

After I finished my phone conversation, I still received a receipt confirmation for the cost of the package over the fax machine about 10 minutes after that. I did not sign and return this form for authorization, as I had literally just gotten off the phone to cancel the package. I was not about to sign an authorization for something I had just finished canceling, and was told I would be receiving a refund.

Later on in the evening of SAME DATE, my husband and I both called back to make sure that this vacation package was cancelled and the charges reversed. We were treated extremely rudely and told that the package was non-refundable. Under the law, a consumer has 30 days to request a refund on a travel package, including in Florida where it seems your company is headquartered. The State of Florida's Seller of Travel Act states that consumers may "CANCEL THE CONTRACT WITHOUT ANY PENALTY OR OBLIGATION WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF RECEIPT.” The State of Florida's Seller of Travel Act also states “IF YOU DECIDE TO CANCEL, YOU MUST NOTIFY THE SELLER/PROMOTOR IN WRITING OF YOUR INTENT TO CANCEL BY RETURNING THE CERTIFICATE AND SENDING NOTICE TO THE SELLER AT HIS ADDRESS.” I have in good faith followed the letter of the law, and now am requesting that you to do the same.

I will be sending a copy of this letter to the Better Business Bureau in Florida, as well as to my credit card company. My credit card company is already aware that we are disputing any further unauthorized charges that originate from your company.

Please promptly process my refund in the amount of $774.00. Thank you for your attention to this matter. *END OF LETTER*

We mailed this letter back via USPS with signature confirmation to them with the "package" and within a few days, we were contacted and all charges were reversed. And yes, I did alert the BBB in FL, and filed a complaint. I suggest that anyone else who has run into these charltans does the same.

Best wishes and God Bless!