We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimsuit help please!

Indiana
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Swimsuit help please!

One of my travel mates is very top heavy, but she's thin. She's having problems finding suits that fit her top. She needs to find a place that sells different sizes for top and bottom. Are there any places she should look to find bathing suits for a larger chest?

ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimsuit help please!

Here in Toronto there are quite a few swimsuit shops that sell separate tops and bottoms. There are also shops that specialize in different issues and staff take alot of time fitting suits. They are out there, you just have to look them up.

2. Re: Swimsuit help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2005, 13:35
Boise, ID
Level Contributor
500 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimsuit help please!

She can go into Victoria Secret and get fitted. They will tell her the perfect size, then she can order the tops and bottoms seperately. They actually have some realy cute suits.

canada
Level Contributor
447 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimsuit help please!

I was the first to turn my nose up at this suggestion, but it worked for me.. I have a bit of the same problem trying to get regular suits to fit up top and on the bottom... in Canada, believe it or not, Wal Mart was selling these super cute separates that actually fit well! In other bathing suit stores, I'd take a large or sometimes XL top but there I took a medium. They were cheap too, so I could buy about 4 suits totally guilt free. The two piece suits Wal Mart had weren't the old lady kind either, they were very trendy and came in black, blue, red, and of course my all time favorite Barbie Pink! Your friend should check it out, you never know she might find something.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,710 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimsuit help please!

Iceprincess,

Do they have the tankini type at Wal-mart? Also, the power-net bottoms for those of us that have had kids and gotten old? I hate the thought of paying a ton of money!

Boise, ID
Level Contributor
500 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimsuit help please!

I saw the same deal a few days ago, I'd just be carful if she's not really firm-chested, as the fabric seemed a little light.

canada
Level Contributor
447 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimsuit help please!

I think there's tankini's there but I can't be 100% sure. They have all types of bottoms from string to boyshorts to bottoms with skirts attached. You can even buy the matching skirts separately. I agree with outoftown, can't imagine they are made from the best material, but maybe get a top that fits pretty snug.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,710 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimsuit help please!

Thanks-I will take a look!

Fort Drum, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimsuit help please!

I have the exact same problem, lol.

It took me 20 hours worth of shopping, then i found one for $20! (at Winners) Tell her to ask for bathingsuits that come w/ D, or DD cup size, the one I got was not a mix and match, but the bottoms were adjustable because it was string so I didn't have to worry about that fit.

I don't know of the stores in the US, but if she tells them exactly what she needs, and don't be shy, she will eventually find something. I know how frustrating it is, but she doesn't have to settle for an ugly bathingsuit, she'll find something if she keeps looking.

New York
Level Contributor
414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swimsuit help please!

www.victoriassecret.com OR www.venususa.com

the both have options for the larger breasted woman! :-)