We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im getting a car

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
443 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Im getting a car

I am planning on renting a car-good price has been found for the 12 days we are there. Question-I never got the insurance when i rented in cabo-never had a problem-what about cancun? Can I get by with US insurance?

SOUTH CAROLINA
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Im getting a car

Get the insurance this time. Your U.S.insurance will not cover you

100%. Nor will your credit card insurance. I do not believe Mexico will just accept your U.S.insurance incase of accident. Cover yourself and get the Full coverage in Mexico

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Im getting a car

Peace of mind(especially on vacation) is everything..Then again some people enjoy life on the edge...Even the elite US credit cards will not cover everything...Better safe than sorry IMHO........

New Jersey, near...
Level Contributor
323 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Im getting a car

You are not covered by American car insurance in Mexico. You need to get liability insurance from the rental company. Check with your credit card co. to see if they will cover collision damage. American Express told me they will cover collision in Mexico.

4. Re: Im getting a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 07:22