We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What building should we stay in at the Moon Palace?

Waterloo, Ontario...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What building should we stay in at the Moon Palace?

We are getting married at the Moon Palace the 2nd week of November. We need to advise the resort at least 2 weeks in advance of any room / building preferences. Does anyone have any advise? Where should we stay and why??

Also, we understand that only the Sunrise side has hammocks on the balconies. Is this true?

Also, the "free tours" that are included......what's the catch? Do we HAVE to sit through time-share just to take advantage of the free tours? Or can we decline their speech and still go on the free tours?

The last thing we want to know about is the Collectivo. We've taken it (instead of a taxi) when we stayed further down the Mayan Riviera, so I want to know if there are collectivos that go as far up the coast as the Moon Palace?

Any advise anyone could give on anything would be GREATLY appreciated because we definintely want to make our wedding week the most amazing week of our lives!!!

Cancun Passion
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours
Caribbean Connection
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Olympus Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What building should we stay in at the Moon Palace?

There has been tons written about which side to stay on. Everyone seems to have their own preference. You should be able to do a search on it. The tours are free, no strings attached. You will be invited to a celebration meeting which is the sales pitch.Many of us members are very happy with our membership though.Congrats and have a wonderful time..

minnesota
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What building should we stay in at the Moon Palace?

Marruss -

Sunrise side is more active, Nizuc a little more reserved. Sunrise does have the hammocks on the balconies. In our opinion Nizuc and the layout of the buildings affords one more oportunity of an occean view. Sunrise has more buildings which extend farther back from the ocean although all rooms have some sort of view for the most part. Do you know if you are in a standard room or do you have a presidential suite?? If you've got a suite the view will be fantastic regardless of which side of the resort you are on.

Have a great time!

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What building should we stay in at the Moon Palace?

Good morning!

Moon Palace is located several km from the highway, not a pleasant walk. They offer shuttle service to their other resorts, first come, first served. We went to Xpu Ha Palace and spent a day there, very relaxing. This was part of the tour to Tulum, you could get off the bus at the Xpu Ha or continue on to Tulum, they picked you up on the way back. No charge, but we tipped the driver.

I don't think there will be full shuttle service into Cancun until all the other resorts are operational. Maybe as far as Sun Palace....

We also went to Isla Mujeres. Very enjoyable. Make sure if you want to go snorkeling, pay the few dollars they charge and go with the boat, don't stay at the beach, the water isn't very clear.

As for the rooms, we've been twice and had poolside both times at the Nizuc. Given a ground floor room, but we switched because of the foot traffic. Poolside is nice because of it's location (close to restaurants, etc.) and it is much cooler closer to the ocean.

I don't remember the names of the buildings, unfortunately. I will look and see if I still have my resort map and get back to you if I can find it.

There is a lobby to lobby shuttle if you don't want to walk between the Nizuc and Sunrise (we only used it very late at night).

The restaurants are awesome. We especially enjoyed the Japanese. I am craving the chips and salsa and guacomole right now!!

Have a great trip and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What building should we stay in at the Moon Palace?

Ok, found the map.

First time we stayed in building Bambu, which is on the north side of the pool area, looking out toward the scuba lesson pool and palapa delfines. Second trip we stayed in Ballena, which is on the opposite side of the pool area, looking toward palapa pelicanos. For some reason, we were near the swim up bars both times...hmmm...

Not sure if they have changed the names of the buildings since we stayed there last (2004). Looking at the map a little more closely, it seems as though the buildings are alphabetized. The lower in the alphabet, the further away the buildings.

Hope this helps.

Waterloo, Ontario...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What building should we stay in at the Moon Palace?

Thanks to everyone who has responded! You've all offered a lot of advise. I didn't realize that the resort was set so far back from the higway. Good to know about how they alphabetize the buildings as well.

Our tickets arrived yesterday and it says that we are booked into a Golf Jr. Suite. We think our travel agent may have upgraded us from a standard room to the golf jr. suite as a "congrats" for the wedding. When we looked online, however, it looked as though all of the golf jr. suites overlook the golf course.

Can anyone confirm this?

We were hoping for an ocean view, but if the Golf Jr. Suite is an upgrade, we'll stick with it.

Thanks again!

Lancaster, MN
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What building should we stay in at the Moon Palace?

The golf suites are on the golf course and a walk and golf cart away from the rest of the resort. It is very beautiful out by the golf course, but you are about 15 min. from the pools and ocean. But, at the Moon Palace you will be happy anywhere they put you.

Have Fun!!!!

Kyle, Texas
Level Contributor
96 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What building should we stay in at the Moon Palace?

With any Palace Resort you can go request a change should you arrive and not like it. Right now is low season so a change would be very easy. We were at XPU-HA two weeks ago and went to Moon and ASP and they were at about 20% to 25% occupency.

Like what has already been said, you will love anywhere in a Palace resort.

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
145 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What building should we stay in at the Moon Palace?

Traveling late feb/early mar 07 with a group of 12 adults and 8 children (ages 1,3,4,5,8,11,12,14). Any advice on requesting a building near the pool and quick n easy eats for the kids? Anyone with a good map could answer that one, but I can't seem to find one. The one on palace resorts won't download for me. thks

ps Anyone have a good map of Moon Palace?

9. Re: What building should we stay in at the Moon Palace?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 00:20