We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing for Xmas Time in Cancun

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Clothing for Xmas Time in Cancun

Hi again... prepare to be flowed with questions, this is only the beggining ;)

Since I'll be in Cancun (Gran Caribe Real) during Christmas Time and New Year's Eve, I was wondering if I should bring special clothing.

Are there special events planned at every resort at Christmas or New Year's Eve, and how does everybody dress ? Should I bring my Tux and shoes or is most people in light gear even at xmas eve ?

I'm reading my post... and it seems a little stupid, but I really need to know... Thanks to all ;)

Tommy

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothing for Xmas Time in Cancun

Hi Twomby.....Just dress pants and a dress shirt would get by. If you bring the tux down, they might put you to work......LOL

Have a great time in Cancun!!!!!!

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothing for Xmas Time in Cancun

Thanks for the advice KaraokeJoe !

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
288 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothing for Xmas Time in Cancun

We'll be at the Riu Palace Las Americas and they have a special dinner for NYE.

Lots of fun happening at the clubs for NYE as well.

Perhaps you could e-mail the Gran Caribe Real to find out what they have planned for Christmas and NYE.

michigan
Level Contributor
412 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothing for Xmas Time in Cancun

We were at the Palace for New Years and they had a big party for New Years Eve. People were really dressed and then there were people just dressed casual. Its kinda like Vegas, dress they way you will be comfortable in. A few years back we were there for Christmas and it was no big deal at the resort. It was kinda sad. But do check with your resort and find out what they do. Every resort is different.

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothing for Xmas Time in Cancun

Thanks everybody for your insights... I'll send an email to the GCR to see what's going on by X-Mas and New Year's Eve !

This forum really is useful, I'm really grateful, thanks !

Tommy

6. Re: Clothing for Xmas Time in Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 10:37