We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi All! Time I spoke up:)

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Etters, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Hi All! Time I spoke up:)

I am new to TA, but have found it to be a wealth of information. I am making my first trip to Cancun with my husband and 2 kids over 18. We will be staying at the Tucancun from Jan. 4th thru the 14th. I have been reading these forums for awhile now, and wanted to say thank you to all the 'regulars' that help us newbs heading to Cancun for the first time. I have excursions planned, my can-do map, and must see places ready to go, all because of the input of you guys. Your the best!

Micki

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi All! Time I spoke up:)

Welcome Micki! Glad you spoke up and introduced yourself. Don't hesitate to ask whenever you have more questions. There's a wealth of information available from the contributors to this board.

Iowa
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi All! Time I spoke up:)

Welcome Mickifor2! My husband thought (and still thinks) I'm nuts for the amount of time I spend on here! But....we went to Cancun for our first time in Jan and he read nothing before we went. When we got there he has all these questions and I had lots of the answers! So he decided it wasn't quite so crazy! Have a super time!

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi All! Time I spoke up:)

Mickifor2 - Yes I agree with you that this website is a wealth of information. We will be at the Barcelo Tucancun in early December. If you need questions answered about the Barcelo please ask us before I leave on Dec 2nd and the wife and I can research them for you. This is our second trip to this resort. Have a great vacation. T&JWisconsin

Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi All! Time I spoke up:)

Welcome aboard Micki. Like you I stumbled onto this board in March 2005, and had ten times better vacation because of the advise I received here. Gotta warn you - IT'S ADDICTING! :)

Sue

Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi All! Time I spoke up:)

Welcome aboard the board! Happy planning. :)

Etters, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hi All! Time I spoke up:)

Hehehe Penguin...my hubby is the same way, only thing is, he is not happy about leaving the US, and thinks I am dragging him into some God forlorned place. Of course he is a police officer, so I can somewhat understand his suspious nature. I am just praying he loves it so we can keep going back! I am very excited, and know I will love it, its him I worry about!

UK
Level Contributor
826 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hi All! Time I spoke up:)

Since Barcelo bought out the Gran Costa Real (now the Barcelo Costa Cancun), guests have use of the facilities at both hotels. We are going to the Barcelo Costa Cancun for Xmas/New Year so if any of you guys visit, any info would be appreciated on your return....

Etters, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hi All! Time I spoke up:)

Actually Josha, on the barcelo website, they are calling that a promotion for the sharing of resorts, and it is over Dec. 23, I believe. So not sure if they will continue it after that date or not.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hi All! Time I spoke up:)

Bienvenido Mickifor2, just one more thing to add to the facility sharing between the Barcelo resorts in Cancun. This promotion will be to promote and benefit the Costa property more in this case. This is because without a doubt the Tucancun has the nicer beachfront.

Have fun planning your trip to paradise,

212eric V.P.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE Cancun Travel Survey Guide Book

stoney creek
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hi All! Time I spoke up:)

Welcome, just a warning though. T.A. is very addicting. But its all good. You and your kids will have a blast.