We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa Question (im a big dummy)

Atlanta
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa Question (im a big dummy)

Hi All:

Im brand new to traveling to Cancun and to this forum so excuse me if you find the question dumb. Could someone tell me if satellite or cable television is available at Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa.

I ask because we plan to be in Cancun around the Christmas Holidays and I would really hate to miss all the football action back in the states.

Any feedback would really be appreciated.

Thanks

ocean city, md
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa Question (im a big dummy)

Hi Aisle

I had my wedding last year at Dreams in February. That weekend was the superbowl and they had a big screen set up on the beach to watch the football game. I rmember being able to also view the game in the room and they set up a viewing area inside as well. It was basic cable and they had a dvd in the room so you can bring movies too!! As for satellite games, you'll have to probably go into town, which is only a few footsteps away. There are plenty of big and small places around that will put whatever you want on tv. You'll love Dreams, we are going back Nov 26-30, so let me know if you have any more questions.(lisatox@comcast.net)

Atlanta
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa Question (im a big dummy)

Thanks a million Lisa. Thats exactly what I wanted to know.

ocean city, md
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa Question (im a big dummy)

No problem. WE stayed at the Riu last November (it was basically the only hotel open in Cancun after the hurricane) and they had no tvs anywhere except for in your room. We wanted to go out since we were on vacation and directly across the street was this little italian/pizza place that was being worked on, but the guy had satellite tv and was watching the games while they worked. They set up a l;ittle table and put whatever game we wanted on, we drank their all day and had a blast! People there are so nice...hope you have a blast! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa Question (im a big dummy)

Aisle~ if by chance you can't find the games you want on the Sat. at Dreams, many of the bars, clubs and restaurants will have the action, some on multiple feeds in Cancun nearby. Among the best for sports in Cancun are MY Place, Pat O'Brien's, Champions, Outbacks and Margaritaville. If desperate, the Sports Bar and Book, Caliente will have the games on with a chance to wager on the events and others while sitting back in A/C with a drink and snack in their lounge area.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa Question (im a big dummy)

This forum absolutlely rocks. You guys just saved my marriage. I was filing for divorce because my wife booked this trip during crunch time of the playoff run. If I can see the games... we will live happily ever after. LOL LOL.

Any thoughts on transfers from the airport to the hotel region or should we just rent a car?

Thanks

Aisle

Beverly Shores...
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa Question (im a big dummy)

Dear Aisle12: No need to rent a car, just take transport to Dreams and you will be fine. No need for a car when you are there.

ocean city, md
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa Question (im a big dummy)

I would never try to drive in Cancun, of course I refuse to drive in New York. You can catch a transfer right outside of the airport, I believe $20-$40 to Dreams. Don't forget to grab a beer for the ride, you'll be one of the last stops since Dreams is so far into town. However, just about everything is walking distance from the hotel. Don't forget to always ask how much before getting into a cab, sometimes the cabbies bump up the rate, so just ask how much beforehand.

PA
Level Contributor
575 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa Question (im a big dummy)

Aisle12,

You'll be able to watch the games from your room or on the big screen on the beach. They have a party when the game is on. You'll love it!

We'll be at Dreams over Christmas too, perhaps we could meet up at the bar one night. We're arriving on Dec. 23rd.

You're going to love Cancun!!!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa Question (im a big dummy)

That would be fantastic. GO COWBOYS!!!!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa Question (im a big dummy)

One More Question for the good people here. How would you suggest we handle money. Should we exchange dollars to pesos previous to our trip or should we just keep US currency.

Thanks Again