We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selvatura zip line tour-how long? would you do it again?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington State
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Selvatura zip line tour-how long? would you do it again?

I'm considering booking the Selvatura zip line, mountain biking and cenote swim for my husband and I. How long is the whole trip? How long does it take to get there? We would want the transportation pick up from our hotel too. Would you do it again? Does the cost (I think around $60.00 per person) include everything?

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Selvatura zip line tour-how long? would you do it again?

We just did it last Sunday and had a great time the Ziplines take about 40 minutes and the bikeride about 10 then the Cenote that has another Ziplines and is a blast is maybe an hour or however long you want to spend there. I say it is worth the $ we went before Wilma and this time it was even better. I have pictures on Picture Trail from the first time.

www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view…

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,627 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Selvatura zip line tour-how long? would you do it again?

See if this site answers some questions:

http://www.selvatura.com.mx/

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Selvatura zip line tour-how long? would you do it again?

I checked out the website mentioned above, but didn't find anything on the amount of time it takes. Thanks for the information. I'll check out the pictures. I think we'll do it!

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Selvatura zip line tour-how long? would you do it again?

bump. Any other thoughts???

Santa Monica, CA
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Selvatura zip line tour-how long? would you do it again?

Cunspin-

I'm interested in this as well. Loved your pics from last time. I've got a couple of more questions:

1. How did you get there? Did you arrange for them to pick you up from your hotel & if so, was there an extra charge?

2. Did you book through them directly, or through a tour co.?

3. We'll be staying at the ASP, so I'm having a bit of difficulty figuring out how far away it is (time-wise).

4. Were lunch/beverages included?

5. This sounds like it may take about half the day, is that right?

6. Would you suggest a light-summer-style wet suit for the cenotes? I heard they could be a bit chilly & we're going in late Jan.

7. Do they really give you time for a siesta in their hammocks?

8. And last but not least, is the zipline that drops you into the water up & operational? I thought I read somewhere that they were down after Wilma.

This looks like soooo much fun!! Since we're only going to be there for 5 days, if you don't count the first & last travel days, I really want to get the most out it.

Muchas Gracias in advance for taking the time to answer all of these questions. I've read a lot of your other posts & they've all been so helpful.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
677 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Selvatura zip line tour-how long? would you do it again?

FYI - The Selvatura canopy tour is now called the Selvatica Canopy Tour (there are websites for both names still).

You may find the information you're looking for by Googling that name instead.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Selvatura zip line tour-how long? would you do it again?

HI Can't wait, I live here so we went in our truck and just showed up and paid . We did not do the cenote this time so I don't know if it is still with Zipline. You have as much time as you want there are no time restraints that I know of. You can book online or when you get here. You could even rent a car and go on your own.

Santa Monica, CA
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Selvatura zip line tour-how long? would you do it again?

Thanks Cunspin!!! I appreciate it. You're so lucky to live there!

9. Re: Selvatura zip line tour-how long? would you do it again?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 16:20