We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine in Mexico??

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wine in Mexico??

This may be an improper question, and we love tequila, beer and exotic drinks as well, but can you buy some good wine red in Mexico? We would bring a few bottles but we can't carry it on with new restrictions and i would be concerned of breakage in luggage. Thanks

manchester
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine in Mexico??

i dont know if the restrictions are differant in the us

but you can still buy wine in the uk airports once you have gone through passport control

barry and mary

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine in Mexico??

Yes you can buy good wines in Mexico, from all over the world.

Canada!!
Level Contributor
918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine in Mexico??

Try a red label shiraz from south australia!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine in Mexico??

MMMMM shiraz from aussie, I am not a wine snob but I think it beats the french wines. Yellow label cab sav wow, yellow tail shiraz. grey label mmmmmm.I have not heard of red label,where can i buy it? live in Ontario. We DO not talk of clarity, note or boquet..we just say wow this tastes good. Is`nt life good?

Level Contributor
283 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine in Mexico??

When we were at CPC a few weeks ago, the only wine they had was out of a box & it was terrible. I went to the liquor store & their wines were so high priced - I'd pack in bubble wrap & put it in my luggage. For ex. Sutter Home Chardonnay that sells for $6 here in theU.S. was $32 in Cancun. All the wines were very, very expensive.

Canada!!
Level Contributor
918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine in Mexico??

Ha! Inthesun, you are most correct. I meant yellow tail. I had to go have a look. The red label is actually their white wine. The yellow tail shiraz is wonderful!

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine in Mexico??

We always make a trip to Walmart on our first day and stock up on some good wine to last the two weeks we are there.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wine in Mexico??

Sams Costco or La Europea all have much better selections than Walmart and better Prices too IMO.

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Wine in Mexico??

That's good to know. Where is La Europa?

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wine in Mexico??

Yellow Tail is our favorite!!! The Shiraz is very good and our favorite is (I think) it's a red label. I don't know how to spell it but it's Cabernet Saviugon (sp?).- or however you spell it!!! Costco has the big bottle here for 6.99 or 7.99!