We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding cancelled, can I get my $ back???

us
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
wedding cancelled, can I get my $ back???

Does anyone know if since I purchased my trip with a credit card if I can get my money back?

Thanks

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,895 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding cancelled, can I get my $ back???

So sorry about the wedding :(

I think you need to check with your credit card company.

This is one of those cases we were talking about earlier concerning trip insurance :(

Missouri
Level Contributor
516 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding cancelled, can I get my $ back???

Sorry to hear about the wedding.

If you can't get the money back, you should go and have fun anyway. Pick up some hottie to take with you.

:-)

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding cancelled, can I get my $ back???

probably depends on how far out you are cancelling, what credit card you used, if they provided trip protection or what.

Worst case I would imagine you'd get nearly all your hotel $$ back and have to pay a change fee for your airline ticket, having credit for a year from the original booking. Course it also depends on the fine print of your booking.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding cancelled, can I get my $ back???

What really matters is who you booked your trip with and what their cancellation policies are.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding cancelled, can I get my $ back???

Try the advice you have already received above, you definitely got some good ideas to try. If what you try does not help you find satisfaction then please get in contact with me and I will see what I can do. One final thought on this, if you do run into road blocks, whatever you do, it is recommended that you do not start slaughtering the resort or travel companies here or anywhere else online. Sometimes they need time to run things through the proper channels in order to find resolution and this may take more time than you are comfortable with.

212eric V.P.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: wedding cancelled, can I get my $ back???

Know matter the cost and least you didn't marry a sorry loser you would have to spend the rest of your life with. That is priceless in itself.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wedding cancelled, can I get my $ back???

Lost money will look like nothing further down the road. Look at is as the price you had to pay to dump the loser. I'd still go anyways and celebrate sweet FREEDOM.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,853 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wedding cancelled, can I get my $ back???

Eric's right. If you can't get your actual money back, try to get a credit for a trip to be taken for that cash value in the next year. You could take a family member, a sibling, best friend or other special person somewhere really fun for a blast. If that doesn't work, ask to rebook the ticket for the other party and tke someone else with you. Just because it's not a "honeymoon" doesn't mean it shouldn't be a fabulous vacation for you. One of those lemons to lemonade times.

Best wishes and keep your chin up. Just when things look darkest, the sun shines through.

Cheryl

usa
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: wedding cancelled, can I get my $ back???

thanks to everyone for their encouraging advice, I will.

Midwest United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: wedding cancelled, can I get my $ back???

I am so sorry to hear about the wedding. Chances are, it was for the best. You should really commend yourself for being so couragous throughout this time.

My 2 cents is, if you still can, jump on this trip. The one great thing is that you were booked in Cancun, which is fun for everyone, not just couples. It may be a great place to find some clarity.

It also seems like there are always people who post on these boards down there, I bet they would love to meet up with you!