We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest Le Blanc Reviews are horrible...I'm scarred

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
590 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Latest Le Blanc Reviews are horrible...I'm scarred

Ok....

seem that Le Blanc is getting awful reviews in the last month.

What's going on?????? Before we booked every review was positive and I read them all......so what the heck is going on and who do I contact to get some results if I need it once I'm there...in less than 2 days.

The latest review states they found an iguana in their room which overlooked a swamp and construction.

Now I'm getting nervous

Virginia
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest Le Blanc Reviews are horrible...I'm scarred

I think the swamp they were talking about is actually the lagoon... 25% of the rooms have lagoon views. I don't quite understand how an iguana could get to the 7th floor or whatever floor it was, unless someone put it there. That's odd. Anyway, we went back in September and had an amazing time. There was construction going on next door but it didn't bother us at all. I can see how it could get annoying if you left the balcony doors open, but you shouldn't do that anyhow because of the humidity.

Mi.
Level Contributor
417 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest Le Blanc Reviews are horrible...I'm scarred

Urastar

We were there the first of November, it was fabulous. Some people are hard to please. I do notice in the reviews that conventions and the capacity of the resort seem to impact some of the services. While we were there the resort was at about 45% and almost seemed like it was all ours. We thought the food and service was the best we have ever had in Mexico. The ocean view rooms are incredible. I do agree with the reviewers regarding the chocolate covered filet at the food tasting, gross; why ruin a good cut of meat. Do try the Chateaubriand at the International great! Go have a great time, relax, and enjoy!

Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
933 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest Le Blanc Reviews are horrible...I'm scarred

Le Blanc is hit or miss. We happened to go during a time with a convention. 5 of our 7 days were similiar to what recent posts have experienced. If you are there with a convention it is just not the same resort. We still had a wonderful time. I would suggest you go with low expectations that way if you receive great service you will be thrilled. The trip is really what you make it - we had fun even though we didn't have the great service we were expecting.

Honestly, the front desk staff at the resort were overwhelmed and rude when we were there everyone else was average to above average. I think the front desk staff must be instructed to cater to the large groups.

nyc
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest Le Blanc Reviews are horrible...I'm scarred

I am nervous too.

But we can only hope that management is reading these reviews and revamping their skills.

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest Le Blanc Reviews are horrible...I'm scarred

Ditto.

A week left for us before departure to LeBlanc. I just *hope* there is no convention during our stay as it seems to make things worse.

And, oh – we better not get any of those “sorry, that’s all we have left rooms”. Wth??

On the other hand, I don’t give a rat’s behind if we get good use of butler service… perfectly capable of filling our own tub.

Noise – yes, I’d be freaked out. Drilling is just as bad as screaming kids.

It’s interesting that while some guests complained of constant noise, some said they have no idea what’s that about. So, room location is key.

I too agree that some are hard to please, but yeah, I’d be ticked off to, if instead of reserved suite I was given a standard room and NOT offered any restitution. How about a free Spa Service or some chachkies from that overpriced gift shop?? Anything – to make up for the mistakes the resort staff made?

Definitely the Palace Resorts roots are showing (we stayed at the ASP before – conventions, understaffing, long waits). Is Palace management even reading the reviews? If you plan on charging top-shelf rate, you must provide top-shelf service, duh. Even if you do have a brand new Spa and nice amenities. Service is everything.

Having said that, I am *positive* that even with a few hick-ups LeBlanc is still a terrific place to stay. Guess we’ll find out pretty soon ;)

Midwest United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest Le Blanc Reviews are horrible...I'm scarred

I think that a string of perfect reviews like Le Blanc had is always going to produce a backlash. People begin expecting too much. Nothing is ever totally perfect, we are all human. I think a lot of people were really impressed when they went, probably didn't have an absolutely flawless experience, but they remembered the good things, not the bad. That, and I am sure the good by far outweighed the bad.

If you go into it looking for perfection, you will probably be disappointed. I think it is clear Le Blanc is a great experience, just kick back, relax, and I am sure you will have a wonderful time on your well deserved vacation!!! I am jealous of you, only 2 days!!

south carolina
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest Le Blanc Reviews are horrible...I'm scarred

i'm booked for the first week of january, does anyone know if I can find out if there are any conf./ conv that week?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Latest Le Blanc Reviews are horrible...I'm scarred

All the recent reviews are also making me nervous as well. I am leaving in two weeks and this is my first trip to Cancun(in fact Mexico..)

I've emailed the resort a few days back and haven't received a reply yet which is already a bad sign for me. I'm going to give them a call next week to reconfirm my reseveration and hopefully to get an ocean view room.

I just hope this doesn't turn out to be a huge disappointment with the amount of money I'm spending on this trip...

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Latest Le Blanc Reviews are horrible...I'm scarred

All the recent reviews are also making me nervous as well. I am leaving in two weeks and this is my first trip to Cancun(in fact Mexico..)

I've emailed the resort a few days back and haven't received a reply yet which is already a bad sign for me. I'm going to give them a call next week to reconfirm my reseveration and hopefully to get an ocean view room.

I just hope this doesn't turn out to be a huge disappointment with the amount of money I'm spending on this trip...

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Latest Le Blanc Reviews are horrible...I'm scarred