We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has the weather improved?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Has the weather improved?

I just returned from my honeymoon and it was terrible. Rained in some form or another on every day. Been there countless times and this was the worst! Has it cleared up?

PA
Level Contributor
575 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has the weather improved?

Looks like it might get a little better by the end of next week. I sure hope so because I'm due to arrive on the 23rd, but rain or shine I'll have a good time!

Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has the weather improved?

Well, don't know how long it will last but the sun is shining RIGHT NOW and it sure feels good. :)

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has the weather improved?

Yep! Sunshine! Yayyyyyy! :-)

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Has the weather improved?

Weather was great today. We had some rain this morning but it cleared up for a very nice day.

MA
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has the weather improved?

What does the rest of the week look like? We arrive on Thursday for 5 days

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
379 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has the weather improved?

Wow. This makes me sad. We leave on Thursday....do I pack an umbrella or a swimsuit?

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has the weather improved?

According to weatherunderground, it is 100% chance of rain tomorrow, however, partly cloudy on Thurs., 30% chance of rain on Friday, Saturday and Sunday scattered clouds. Keep your fingers crossed, it's looking up!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,871 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has the weather improved?

I agree that the weather was not 100% while we were there last week. However, in no way did we let it ruin our vacation. I still managed to get some nice color while the sun did manage to break thru the clouds. Also, there are so many fun things to do off the resort. Lots of shopping, lots of bars, etc. At least for us it's not all about laying in the sun 10 hours a day.

On the other hand, I have to admit -- looking out the windown every morning (more like afternoon) when we got up to see all the clouds was getting a bit depressing. It's not something that would ever make me consider cancelling, tho. It's weather, and it's nature and unpredictable. Sad but true.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has the weather improved?

Must say that we had no sun with a tan factor. All days were so no sun factor for our entire trip, there was NO sun in the factor.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has the weather improved?

I'm leaving on Sat. Weather forecast says it will rain during my entire trip. I think it's a bit late to cancel. :(

Given the current condition, will I be able to visit the ruins, go snorkeling, do anything outdoors? Or am I stuck in the hotel for 6 days?

This is my first visit to Mexico and I've been lookin really forward to it. I even went to watch Apocolypto. Ugh. :)