We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a good fare? Or can I do better?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Is this a good fare? Or can I do better?

We are thinking of going to the Maroma Resort in July 07.

I have found a rate for $370pp direct out of St. Louie. What are your thoughts? Should I grab it now, or wait and see if I can get a better rate in the upcoming months?

Thanks all :-)

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,988 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this a good fare? Or can I do better?

This is an area where you should research your options. Look at different websites like travelocity, cheaptickets, etc. Also you need to know about charters from your area. Personally I would expect a better deal on a charter from Denver in that timeframe than $370 pp (all taxes/fees). If you are flexible on travel dates then you may be able to wait for something better. If your dates are set, I would take that price if all you want is airfare.

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this a good fare? Or can I do better?

thank you co-pilot!

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,797 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this a good fare? Or can I do better?

IMHO, I'd wait until March/April before booking and see where the best prices are once travel from the high end seasons settles down. I'd also check for charter prices out of your area from airlines like USA3000 etc. There's no guarantees in this and if your fare includes taxes and fees, and it's round trip, it's about $280 p/p before the mandatory government inflicted fees which isn't bad by any means.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this a good fare? Or can I do better?

Try looking at the charters, both packages and airfare only. Recently Funjet was offerring a $99 each way fare from Kansas City. I didn't look at St Louis but would not be surprised if it was the same. They will try to fill the planes and tend to offer great fares close to the date of travel. The $99 fares were for 7 night stays leaving Kansas City Jan 6, 13 and 20. Good Luck!

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this a good fare? Or can I do better?

The fare I saw was for USA3000.

I am booking directly with Maroma for our hotel, and I worry that I wont find seats on a specific date of travel if I wait.

We are new Mexico travelers and I still don't know the ins and outs of flying there.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to respond :)

oh, and I found a code so it dropped the price to $350pp - taxes and fees included.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
442 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this a good fare? Or can I do better?

It would depend when you are going in July? If you travel on tues wed and thur and return then the rates are usually cheaper. It you want to search other sites, i too suggest that you do. When I booked our flights for Jan i started in Oct and searched orbitz.com, sidestep.com and after doing that I continued to look at the airline websites as well (united, jet blue etc). I find that the airfares drop (or rise) after midnight on wed's too..I'd keep checking until you find something cheaper--it will happen.

7. Re: Is this a good fare? Or can I do better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 18:19