We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Blanc Hotel ...... need some reassurance (smiles)

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Le Blanc Hotel ...... need some reassurance (smiles)

Hi!

My husband and I renewed our vows (finally had a wedding after 11 years of marriage!!!)

We booked our "honeymoon" at Le Blanc and I have to say I am having some reservations about doing so. I have read some of the bad reviews regarding the front desk and "Ocean view rooms".

I booked a honeymoon suite but now I am getting nervous that we paid extra and we are not garanteed a OV room.

We are visiting Feb. 9 - 16th.

Anyone have any suggestions? I purchased extra insurance so I can cancel the trip and rebook somewhere else but I feel that we got a pretty good price being that I booked this vacation about 6 months ago.

Should I be worried?

Em in Vegas

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Blanc Hotel ...... need some reassurance (smiles)

We had the best time at Le Blanc. We have traveled to many wonderful places, but Le Blanc was special. However, I heard that the service goes down when conferences and conventions are there. You might want to find out if one will be there when you are there.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Blanc Hotel ...... need some reassurance (smiles)

We were there in May and as Coberg stated, the stay was wonderful and service was excellent. When I called in advance, I was told they do not guarantee ov rooms, that it would depend once we arrived. We arrived a little before 1:00 that afternoon and I requested an ov room and was told we already had one, and if we were not satisfied with the view they would give us another room. The view was out of this world, we stayed in 714.

During our stay there was a convention that hosted 100 plus attendees, this did not interfere with the level of service we received. I have read reviews where others have suffered with conventions being held during their visit.

We had booked several months in advance also. Try to go into the trip with a positive attitude despite the reviews you have read, that is what we did and we were not disappointed in the least.

Enjoy your vacation you will love the resort. It would be a good idea to call the resort to find out if there will be any conventions during your stay, I'm sure they would give you that information.

Good Luck!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Blanc Hotel ...... need some reassurance (smiles)

I'm one of those posters who had difficulty at check in. Eventually, after one night in a Royal deluxe room becasue all of the Honeymoon Suites were full, we were moved into the Royal Honeymoon room we paid for. My husband had to do the taliking to front desk staff and Public Relations and be very firm.

While we were at Le Blanc there was on convention after another.

All this being said. Check in was the ONLY problem. We LOVED the rest of the vacation. The convention really did not seem to affect the level of service or stop us from getting dinner reservations. We even waited until 5:30 one night before making reservations for 7pm. No Problem.

My advice, still go, hope for the best, and if you don't get what you want or paid for ask and ask and discuss until you do.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Blanc Hotel ...... need some reassurance (smiles)

To all -

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day and posting! I really appreciated it!

It really helped and I plan to go ahead as planned.

Thanks to all and Happy New Year!

Em

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Blanc Hotel ...... need some reassurance (smiles)

Glad we were able to help you, I hope you have a wonderful trip to LeBlanc.

Have a wonderful New Year!

6. Re: Le Blanc Hotel ...... need some reassurance (smiles)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 13:17