We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the beach at the JW Marriott?

CA
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How is the beach at the JW Marriott?

Has the beach been fixed at the JW?

New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the beach at the JW Marriott?

Two years ago I stayed at the Marriott Casa Magna (which is right next door to the JW Marriott) however we used the facilities at the JW too. The beach at the JW is very nice. There is plenty of room to lounge and lay out. The pools are lovely as well. Trust me you will have a great time!

San Jose, CA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the beach at the JW Marriott?

I've heard that the beach has been restored but that the sand lacks the forum "talcum powder" texture. Any details on this?

Davie, FL
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the beach at the JW Marriott?

This response is not just for the beach in front of the JW Marriott, but the entire hotel zone... they dredged and placed additional sand on the beach last year and the beaches were very wide. NATURAL conditions of the sea (as even before the beach restoration), take sand and deposit sand during the year. Sometimes, the beach is wide and sometimes it is not... but it is a natural process. Unless the government re-invests another 20million into beach restoration, then the beach you will get is what nature brought. No hotel can control the beach in front of their property and any attempt is futile since tides can wash away anything in hours and just the same, they can deposit new sand. So, anyway, there is no "fixing" that can be done...

Colorado
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the beach at the JW Marriott?

The beach in front of the JW was restored, wide and beautiful. Then in November all the rain and violent waves exposed a solid beach of nothing but rocks in front of the hotel - from one end of the beach in front of the hotel to the other. Has nature taken its course and replaced the sand yet? Or is the beach nothing but solid rocks as of today?

state college, pa
Level Contributor
263 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How is the beach at the JW Marriott?

we were there Nov. 24-28th of this year and I can assure you there is

plenty of sand and it's wonderful! I don't know what the comment about the rocks is all about...there were absolutely none when we were there. Infact there was rather large wedding that was held on the beach right in front of the hotel on the sand; there was plenty of room for all the guests plus walking room on the beach in front of them.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How is the beach at the JW Marriott?

kalamata, did you mean December? I ask because we walked by the J.W. on December 13th and there were exposed rocks on the beach and not much sand either.

212eric

Edmonton, Alberta...
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How is the beach at the JW Marriott?

We didn't stay at the Marriott, but when we were at Le Blanc the week before Christmas, a gentleman who was staying at the Marriott asked us how the beach was because the one at the Marriott was really rocky. He and his girlfriend moved to Le Blanc that day.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How is the beach at the JW Marriott?

Can someone in Cancun please just snap a photo and give us a definite answer? Seems like two conflicting and confusing viewpoints here.

Davie, FL
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How is the beach at the JW Marriott?

Let me say once again that if you take a picture of the beach in Cancun right now, it will probably be much different once you finally arrive. One day there is say, 15 meters of sand, the next there can be 25 meters... it is a beach, not a man-made amusement park that can be manipulated and it changes as mother-nature sees fit. Three weeks ago there were rocks showing on some portions, two weeks ago there weren't, today there are again some rocks but they are being covered... it all depends on the waves... I would take it like the weather and wait til you get here... don't look for a pic that will create false expectations!

10. Re: How is the beach at the JW Marriott?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 19:17