We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun Resort.....

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Topic
Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun Resort.....

Can anyone tell me which resort is better as far as location, restaurants, rooms (cleanliness and size)? we are leaning towards either one of these for a week with my husband, my parents and our 1 yr old.

any info would be greatly appreciated...

thanks

mina

Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun Resort.....

Definately Royal Solaris! The food, rooms and cleanliness can not be beat.

I can't speak for the Barcelo but the Solaris staff is wonderful.

They have lots to do for the family and a live band.

When are you going? I will be there in June ( solo) that's how safe it is.

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun Resort.....

have you stayed at the royal solaris in the past? if so, what can you tell me about the location of the hotel as far as shopping and places to walk to? how about the beach...how is it? steep, not much of a beach at all, etc.

thanks

mina

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun Resort.....

never stayed at the Royal Solairis but have stayed at the Tucancun three times. A very clean 3-4 star AI. The beach is good but there is a big drop off at the water line and there is a mall right across the street from the resort. Good Luck on your selection. T&JWisconsin

fairfax
Level Contributor
260 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun Resort.....

My wife and I stayed at the at the Solaris 2 yrs ago and thought it was quite nice. The beach is very nice. As far as walking distanc to shopping, it's quite far so take the bus, about 65 cents each way. You can walk down the beach about a half mile to find shells etc. lots of fun. Also have a nice kids club. Rooms are average size but always clean.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun Resort.....

Having stayed at the Tucancun and loved it (same time as Backus -Hi there!), but never having stayed at the Solaris yet -- I will have to say that the Solaris does seem a step up for sure.

I don't think you'd be disappointed in the Tucancun, it really was nice, but the Solaris must be higher end. Oh, how I wish I've been to them all.............someday!!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun Resort.....

I have stayed at both. I liked both for different reasons.

The rooms and beach are Comparable.

The food, entertainment, and pool was better at Royal Solaris.

Shopping was more convienent at Tucancun.

Both are nice places and if I remember right they were priced about the same. Of the two, I would probably pick Royal Solaris. Food is the reason, I can take the bus to go shopping, it only costs .65.

Mike in Tulsa

7. Re: Royal Solaris or Barcelo Tucancun Resort.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 04:17