We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moon Palace day trip to other Palace Resorts

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
134 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Moon Palace day trip to other Palace Resorts

Has anyone staying at Moon Palace done a day trip to the other resorts? If so, was it worth it and would you do it again with children?

Also, are there daily transfers to the sister resorts?

Thank you so much in advance,

Jennifer

alberta
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moon Palace day trip to other Palace Resorts

Yes you can go to the sister resorts but I think that's your cost with the exception of going to Playacar. There is a daily shuttle. We stayed at the MP during Wilma so never had the chance to discover those options however have been at the Playacar Palace and they had a daily shuttle to the MP. It's 1st come 1st serve you are picked up in the am. and brought back around 5pm. It's a great way to check out the other resorts. What ages are your kids? That also makes a difference. Xpu-Ha is pretty and has jungle-like surroundings. There's a small zoo, bikes,snorkling lagoon, pools etc. The beach isn't very big due to storm and the resort is very quiet.

Ohio
Level Contributor
134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moon Palace day trip to other Palace Resorts

My little ones are 5 and 3 so I'm not sure the excursions are a good idea for us but thought a day trip to a different beach would be nice.

What has been your favorite stay?

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moon Palace day trip to other Palace Resorts

I went to Xpu-Ha when I went on a day trip to Tulum a couple of years ago and this was billed as an Eco friendly resort. Nice place with a very good beach.

When I stayed at MP last August I am sure that I was told that the shuttle didn't go to the resorts outside of Cancun any more and we would have to get a Cab.

This may now have changed I hope this has been of help.

michigan
Level Contributor
412 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moon Palace day trip to other Palace Resorts

I was just there Jan 1, and the only shuttles are for trips. They do take you to the mall once a day and back. We went to Wet and Wild. I don't think they do the xpu ha any more either. You go to Tulum and they stop by and snorkel someplace. I'm not sure as we only did the wet and wild.

Sandy

Silverdale...
Level Contributor
217 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moon Palace day trip to other Palace Resorts

I am the Palace Resort day trip maniac. I've been to the Palace Resorts 6 times and we always day trip to their other hotels. I've worked our way down the coast (i.e., further from cancun), but in general it seems the free shuttles only go from South to North - i.e., Xpu-Ha, Aventrua, and Playacar get to the Moon (& Cancun Palace when it re-opens). Otherwise, it's a cab ride or the cheaper Collectivos, but Collectivos won't work easily from the moon since it's so far off the highway (and less desirable with the young kids). Although I haven't had kids that age for awhile, my recommendation would be to go to the Xpu-Ha. The resort has really shrunk and isn't the most eye pleasing due to limitations on post hurricane rebuild (some fences lining both sides of the pool), but the pool/restraunt are is brand new. One end of the long narrow pool has a kids area with slides (check Xpu-Ha reviews and/or the palace website) & they have some animals on site (sort of a mini-zoo). If you (or the kids) have enough energy, after lunch or so take the free shuttle from the Xpu-Ha to Club Tulum to enjoy their fantastic beach/water (Club Tulum is now owned by Palace & will be closed for eventual massive re-model). You can use everything there like the other palace resorts.

A cheapo option to get down south exists if you are willing to do the "resort membership pitch" - do it at the Aventura & they will pay taxi fare there and back from the moon (as well as $100 to use in gift shop). They now have a kids club at aventura while the parents go through the speil, but you would have to check on minimum age required. Keep in mind this takes about 3 hours, but after that, catch a $6 cab to the Xpu-Ha right from the aventrua kids club, then taxi back to the moon when done for the day.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moon Palace day trip to other Palace Resorts

Wondering the same thing. I heard shuttles started again, but for a nice beach, which is lacking at Moon Palace, can one go to Beach, Sun or Cancun and which is the nicest beach.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Moon Palace day trip to other Palace Resorts

I stayed at the Moon Palace Dec 28th - Jan 6th. There are NO stuttles running bewteen the various Palace resorts. When I checked with customer service the only shuttle is into the shopping section of Cancun and only for a few hours. You are still able to visit any other Palace resort but you have to pay for a taxi there and back. This took all the appeal out of visiting another resort for us.

As far as the included trips, we have done Chitchen-Itza & Wet & Wild. For small children Chitchen-Itza would be too much, it's a full day away from the resort and would be very tiring (great trip though, when we went you could still climb the ruins) We did Wet & Wild last year and that was a geat day. It would be perfect for the kids and it's really close to the Moon Palace so you don't waste time travelling. This year some people in our group did Wet & Wild with their kids (5 & 7) and they had a great day!!

Calgary
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moon Palace day trip to other Palace Resorts

There were no shuttles last year to the other resorts from Moon Palace just from the southern resorts up. If you book a spa service at Aventura they will bring you to the resort for free but the kids were not welcome.

baton rouge, la
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Moon Palace day trip to other Palace Resorts

They must have stopped the shuttle service due to all the renovation post hurricane. I'm sure it will start up again as soon as all the resorts are 100%. They know Moon doesn't have a great beach and that people want to take a day trip to Sun Palace and Cancun Palace. Now that I've read this thread I won't go back to Moon until the shuttle service it running again. That was one of the features we enjoyed the most-day trips to white beaches and blue/green water and to Xpu-Ha for the lagoon and snorkling.

10. Re: Moon Palace day trip to other Palace Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 16:15