We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at the Barcelo costa Cancun ??

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warrington
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wedding at the Barcelo costa Cancun ??

Hi all,

I am getting married at the Gran Costa Real - now the Barcelo..

Has anyone got married there ?

I have booked through Thomas Cook ,

I would really appreciate some positive feedback, as I have booked 35 of us on the trip and I am getting a bit nervous with some of the negative reviews.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

S x

Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding at the Barcelo costa Cancun ??

Hiya,

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. We stayed at the Gran Costa Real a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. The hotel had just undergone a renovation when we went. The rooms were really nice with a great bathroom and massive shower. The service was amazing and although the beach was small, it never felt crowded. The sea was the clear blue colour and don't remember there being a problem with seaweed.

We didn't see any weddings while we were there but there is a gazebo by the pool which I assume they use.

Don't worry about the negative reviews. You will have an amazing time.

Michelle.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding at the Barcelo costa Cancun ??

Hello

We stayed at the Barcelo Costa in Dec 2006 and had a really good time. The staff are superb and the rooms were really nice.

Don't worry about the negative reviews - the only small point for us was the beach, it was quite small, but it was sufficient for our needs.

Try and get an upgrade to a Junior Suite - its really spacious and you get a bigger balcony with a hammock.

Be aware that only half the hotel has been refurbished, so request refurbished rooms for you and your guests. Generally rooms ending in 16 to 24 are new rooms...and the upper floors are the best.

For more info, read my review which I posted yesterday.

Hope you have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon.

Warrington
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding at the Barcelo costa Cancun ??

Thank you both for your reviews

and your good wishes..

I will let you know how i get on xxx

4. Re: Wedding at the Barcelo costa Cancun ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 17:19