We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe Coba...anyone been there?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Principe Coba...anyone been there?

has anyone been to the gran bahia principe coba? i thought i read somewhere that it's part of two other hotels...can someone explain? any info you have on the resort would be great. i'm planning a trip to riviera maya with husband, 1 yr old and my parents.

thanks

mina

Macomb, MI
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Coba...anyone been there?

Hi Mina - this topic might be better posted in the Tulum forum, but I have been so I can try and explain and if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

OK - Bahia Principe Coba - is a part of a whole Bahia complex - the oldest past is Bahia Principe Tulum, then there is Bahia Principe Akumal - a little more upscale and now there is Coba. They were building these units while we were there. I think I am correct in saying that the Coba and the Akumal side share all of the same facilites as far as dining, pools, etc,,,,,, Also I believe these guests can use all facilities at the Tulm side, but Tulum can not use the ala cartes on the Akumal Coba side.

The complex is HUGE!!!!! There are trains that take you throughout the resort which we used, its not an issue but be aware that you will wither walk alot or be prepared to wait 5 10 minutes for the Tram to take you to your rooms, etc... Between the 2 resorts at the entrance is the Hacienda area where they have shopping, a few restaurants and bars, its pretty fun there, and I beieve Fridays is their big fiesta night there. You take a trolly out to it.

Overall it is a great resort. Downside is it size. The food and staff are all very good, noting exceptional but all very nice. The beach is somewhat rocky, but there is a lagoon area between the resorts where most people do their swimming and its nice and cal min there for the kids to play in the sand,

Hopefully this has helped you and Im sure youll find more info on the Tulum board if you look there - good luck.

Labrador
Level Contributor
264 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Coba...anyone been there?

Go to the Coba forum. There are tons of questions and answers on the Gran Bahia. You should be able to get whatever info you need.

Rgds

Vancouver BC
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Coba...anyone been there?

Spent a week at Gran Bahia Principe Coba last March and am returning mid march again with husband and teen daughter.

Loved it enough to be going back. Returning to the same place partly so we wont have to spend the first day and a half figuring out where anything is!

Resort is big but very beautiful and very very clean. Food is ok at the buffets. (how good can a buffet be when you serve dinner for 4 hours to over a thousand people?) The do made to order omlettes in the am and pasta at night. Always lots of fruit and the pastries are great. Never a problem with getting a table at any time.

Lots of entertainment at the resort if you want it. Live band while having cocktails (band is great), DJ music for dancing in the pm and constant entertainment scheduled at the manin pool.

Lots of quiet small pools if you want that too.

Xel Ha is about 5 or so minutes away. Absolutely the best. We will be doing that again this year as well.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Coba...anyone been there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 09:23