We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun, Cancun, Beach Palace

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,004 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Sun, Cancun, Beach Palace

Are all of these scheduled to be open by May?

We are looking at the Sun, and we would be able to visit the others assuming they are open, correct?

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
326 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun, Cancun, Beach Palace

Hi there ZsaZsa,

We just booked the Cancun Palace for July. It is scheduled to open on the 15 of Febuary. We booked with Liberty Travel. Can I wait that long?????????

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,004 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun, Cancun, Beach Palace

Doesn't it seem like a lifetime?!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
326 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun, Cancun, Beach Palace

ZsaZsa,

Yes, you can visit any of the other Palace Resorts. The Moon Palace has a great pool.......We were there two other times. We stayed at the RPLA last July..........

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun, Cancun, Beach Palace

ZsaZsa - I just checked the Palace website and the Beach is supposed to open in April. So it may or may not be open when you go in May. The Cancun is supposed to open on Feb 10th. So it should be up and running by May.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun, Cancun, Beach Palace

IMO, there is no way the Cancun Palace will be open in February which is less than 2 weeks away. We stayed two hotels away in early December and the rooms were not near ready, much less the pools, and the beach was a mess. I think the Sun may be partially open by then, but not 100%. JMO, based on how long it takes to get things up and running in Cancun. The Palace websites have not been truthful about the reopening dates. I have not found any resorts to be open by the dates they said they would, it is Mexico LOL. Case in point: when we were at the Golden Parnassus in July/August, we were told the resort would be open for the GM's birthday in November, okay, it is now nearing the end of January, and still not everyything is open. The workers are obviously on Mexico time, but the managers forgot to figure this into their timeline LOL.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun, Cancun, Beach Palace

Oops, forgot to say, the new "Great Parnassus" would be open.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun, Cancun, Beach Palace

We are booked into the Cancun Palace for Feb 14th. We've called Palace resorts and have been told time & time again that they will be ready. They also say there are no other accomodations available. When we asked if our alternate was Sun Palace, we were told it's closed. (do they mean closed/renovating? or closed/booked?)

Any clue?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,004 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sun, Cancun, Beach Palace

Supposedly the Sun is set to re-open on Jan 29th.

I've learned that no dates given for resort openings in Cancun are set in stone!

Good luck, everyone!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sun, Cancun, Beach Palace

Halo from Cancun...

Just a quick note to all re the Sun Palace...GF and I are down here now at the Royal Solaris only a couple of buildings down from the Sun Palace...There are still plenty of workers buzzing around the building...they are working night and day it seems to get the place up and open...but the building looks wonderful...I'm checking into the Playacar Palace next week can only hope the Sun would be open to check out the facilities...Wish I could provide more info but that's what we've seen here from here...

Eric and Lynda

Vancouver

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,004 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sun, Cancun, Beach Palace

Thanks for taking the time!