We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moon palace 'v' gran bahia principe - riviera maya

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
2 posts
Save Topic
moon palace 'v' gran bahia principe - riviera maya

hi we are planning our wedding for new year 07 and we cannot decide which property out of the above2? we dont want to feel rushed on the day itself and have another bride waiting to get wed as our wedding is finishing. any1 got any helpfull info this would be great.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moon palace 'v' gran bahia principe - riviera maya

Moon Palace is the way to go!

Their free wedding package includes the following:

• Wedding gazebo

• All document arrangements

• Justice of the peace

• Marriage certificate (Document issued in Spanish)

• White folding chairs (extra chairs available upon request)

• Domestic champagne for guests during the ceremony (4 bottles max)

• Dinner reservations for the wedding party*

• Special breakfast in bed the morning after the wedding

• Candlelight dinner for the bride and groom with special menu and decoration

• Fruit basket and bottle of sparkling wine in room

• Honeymooners' weekly cocktail party with memento photograph for the couple

• CD Player or tape player available (bring your special songs)

• Red carpeted walkway

• Wedding coordinator

• Witnesses if required

• Late check out until 6:00 p.m. (upon request and availability)

Congrats!

Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: moon palace 'v' gran bahia principe - riviera maya

Hiya,

We looked into the Moon Palace when we were booking our wedding. The travel agent had been there on her honeymoon and didn't recommend it for a wedding for the reason that they do do a lot of weddings per day and she said we would feel like we were on a conveyor belt. Otherwise she loved it.

We ended up booking Riu Palace Mexico in playa del carmen.

Just 1 piece of advice, book the wedding with the hotel directly. It is much cheaper, you are more in control and the packages are better. Good luck.

mahwah nj
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: moon palace 'v' gran bahia principe - riviera maya

I've been to the Moon Palace a couple time and they are noted for their weddings, also their sister hotel (the Adventura Palace) is good too. They are the better hotel of the two. I have seen a few going on but it didn't seem like it was one after another, more like a couple per day. They did seem very nice, my wife even said to me that's the way she wished she would have gotten married instead of the big wedding we had 11 years ago.

My vote would be for the Adventura Palace as it is adults only, just about an hour or so away from Cancun (if that matters at all) but this hotel makes you feel like you are on your honeymoon with no kids running around (as you will get at the other two).

Good luck!

4. Re: moon palace 'v' gran bahia principe - riviera maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 14:18