We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chichen Itza Sound and Light show questions

Boston...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Chichen Itza Sound and Light show questions

We are going to be staying at the Mayaland Hotel August 15th and was wondering about the Sound and Light show.

1) is it worth it?

2) I see on the website that I can pick my own seat, is there one viewing area that's better than another?

Thanks!

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chichen Itza Sound and Light show questions

1) Hard to say whether you would find it worth it. I wrote a book about Chichen but couldn't bring myself to see it when I was down there in the winter. But the show is clearly not made for me, it's made for the average tourist. The reviews give it high marks (which you can find here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

The show is in Spanish, but according to a couple of recent reviews, there is an English translation available via your cell phone. I would ask at the Mayaland about it.

2) The front row. Always the front row.

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chichen Itza Sound and Light show questions

Agree with point number 1, above, by my esteemed colleague. Such a colossal waste of money that benefits so few.

3. Re: Chichen Itza Sound and Light show questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: today, 06:17