We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour of Chichen Itza NOT originating from Riviera Maya

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Tour of Chichen Itza NOT originating from Riviera Maya

I am wondering if there are any tour companies that can provide a private tour of Chichen Itza

and the surrounding area (possibly Ik Kil, Ek Baalam, Valladolid etc.) suiting my itinerary, which looks like

Merida --> Chichen Itza + Surrounding Area --> Playa.

This means that I cannot take any of those private tours that start and end either in Riviera Maya or Merida. What might work for me is one of the following two:

1) A tour company that can pick us up from Merida, show us around in the Chichen Area (Ik Kil etc.), and then drop us off at a hotel in Valladolid or in Playa.

2) Alternatively, this is also fine if some tour company helps us with only a part of the above journey (like only local tour of Chichen and the surrounding area or a one-way tour from Merida to Chichen) and we take bus(es) for the remaining part.

Any suggestions on a good tour company that can help will be awesome. Thanks!

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour of Chichen Itza NOT originating from Riviera Maya

It's all about the money. There are a lot of company's who can do such a tour, but you have to pay for it as they will be returning empty. Contact William Lawson in Merida; he might be available to make such a trip for you.

Good luck!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,363 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour of Chichen Itza NOT originating from Riviera Maya

There is a 630 AM Merida to C. Itza bus for 130 pesos each.

Plenty of buses to Valladolid for 162 pesos.

ado.com.mx

Taxi or colectivo from Valladolid to C. Itza and Ek Balam.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,820 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour of Chichen Itza NOT originating from Riviera Maya

EJ has the best advice. Contact William Lawson in Merida. I also imagine he can put together such a trip for you. He provides excellent service.

4. Re: Tour of Chichen Itza NOT originating from Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:17