We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

top restaurants?

illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
top restaurants?

Need to know top 10 restaurants..looking for restaurants on the water and restaurants that have great authentic mexican food

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,764 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: top restaurants?

I think this website has more restaurant reviews I agree with than any of the others.

mxtravel.com/cozumel/cozumel_restaurants.html

The best restaurants in Cozumel are not necessarily oceanfront.

Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: top restaurants?

From our 2 trips to the island these are some of our favorite places.... in no particular order except for the first one. Especias is not to be missed!!!

Especias - Calle 3 between Av. 5 and Av. 10 Open for dinner from 5:00pm to 10:00pm, closed on Sundays. This is a fusion of Mexican/Argentenian and exotic flavors. And Adrian the owner is awesome!

Nando's is on 11th, just in from the intersection of 30th... Open evenings. Order 2 Hotdogs wrapped in bacon with cheese or without on toasted buns with grilled sweet onions, mayo, ketchup and mustard – go right on in the convenience store and get a soda and you have dinner for less than 4 bucks a person. The best hotdogs in the world!

Jorges - Av 30 entre calle 17 y 19This place is great…you have to try the Mule (mu-lay). It is like a stir fry and served with fresh tortillas! Yummy!

La Choza, Ave. A.R. Salas at the corner of Ave 10 We love the sauce that comes with the chips! And the tropical fish in mustard sauce is so good!

La Delicia Creperia - located on Ave Felipe Angeles near Calle 5 sur. It’s a great place to eat dinner or desert. Love the Crepes and Sandwiches.

Las Serras – Dinner only Ave 30 and Morelos (between Calle 3 and Calle 5) – if you like pastor tacos…… you are gonna love the pastor pizza here! Delicious!

Casa Denis - is located on the mall, a half block east and a half block south of the central square right across from the entrance to the Cozumel Flea Market. One of the oldest restaurants on the island and very good food.

Del Museo -located on top of the Cozumel Museum on Ave. Rafael Melgar and provides a very nice view of the downtown beach area. Breakfast and the view are fantastic

Albertos – near the Iberostar Resort. Fresh fish, Rustic beach dining. Not a huge tourist trap. Awesome food and drinks.

La Fleur de Michoacan - Ave 30 entre Calle 19 y 17 and also if you walk back in the square…. Flag pole in sight behind you. Cross the street and there is one to your left. I love the Agua Frescas here. (a drink made of fresh juices) about a dollar for the medium size and ice cold on a hot day. Mmmmm sooo good. Others like the ice-cream also but I am stuck on the Agua Frescas! You can also ask for a taste before you buy it.

And tons more - my list of places to try is so very long that we are going to have to make many trips to try them all. But that is not a bad thing is it?!?!? I love eating out in Cozumel, its so much fun and the food is fantastic. Never ever will we do AI again!!!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: top restaurants?

You mention that Especias is a mix of Mexican and Argentenian food. any chance that they hav Argentenian beef on the menu???

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
533 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: top restaurants?

This IS Mexico, so any Mexican food here IS authentic Mexican food.

Some of my favorites are:

Casa Dennis

Parilla Mission (on 30th NOT downtown and NOT Casa Mission)

La Choza

El Moro

Sonora Grill

Camilos

ohio
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: top restaurants?

As long as we are on the subject. Any recommendations for a nice romantic candlelight dinner overlooking the ocean? Lynn

ohio
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: top restaurants?

Albertos – near the Iberostar Resort. Fresh fish, Rustic beach dining. Not a huge tourist trap. Awesome food and drinks.

We saw them while on a walk on the beach. We thought it was part of the Iberastar. How late are they open?

Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: top restaurants?

I just talked to Adrian and he does not have Argentiniean Beef. His restaurant is in his words " Argentinean influence restaurant with a world cousine"

But I am sure you will find a lot on the menu that will interest you!

Minneapolis
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: top restaurants?

I understand Pepe's Grill doesn't serve Mexican cuisine, but has anyone been there recently? I am interested in going there for a romantic dinner but haven't heard much about it recently.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: top restaurants?

Thanks so much for checking on the beef for me!! While I am looking forward to Mexican cuisine, I got excited at the thought of eating some of that wonderful beef - best in the world!!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,042 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: top restaurants?

No one has mentioned what I consider the top restaurant on the island, La Cocay. Wonderful menu with nice atmosphere. And just a bit removed from the touristy areas of some mentioned here. A really outstanding place.