We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Beach

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Queens, NY
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Paradise Beach

I'm thing about going to Paradise Beach. I've been to the Cozumel insider website. Does anyone have any advise on this beach?

Thanks.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,421 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise Beach

Paradise Beach serves the cruise ship industry as does Mr. Sanchos, Playa Mia and Playa San Francisco.

If you like crowds and the cruise ships are in, these are the places to go.

If you like places a little less traveled the Playa Palancar and Albertos are nice on the west side.

Palancar is getting more cab drop off traffic so I don't know if this is a trend or just the days I was there the last few times.

On the east side are numerous beaches to visit.

chatty67
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise Beach

Does anyone have an opinion on Paradise Beach vs. Playa Mia?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,408 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise Beach

It's a short walk between them so it is very easy to try both.

PA
Level Contributor
662 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise Beach

I can only speak for Paradise Beach but we love it and the "crowds" are mostly in the chairs. I have never felt the water area to be crowded. If you get there early you can get a front row seat. I don't know how althetic you are or what age but they have the climbing iceberg (this looks difficult to pull your butt out of the water in the first step), water trampolines, kayaking, space walk (bungie corded trampoline) all for $9. They have the chairs close together but there are tables and umbrellas and I never felt claustrophobic!

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradise Beach

Mark (MSLF500) when we were in Coz over Christmas this last trip it seems the cruisers have discovered playa Palancar too! We went in, walked around and walked right out.. went to the East side to Playa Bonita and sat right down under a palapa!! In fairness though, I can't say they were all cruisers at Palancar but we definitely didn't feel crowded at Playa Bonita.

Midwest
Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradise Beach

Paradise over Playa Mia ANY day! In fact, we were so frustrated at Playa Mia we walked down the beach to Paradise for peace!

Overview of Playa Mia:

Busloads of tourists. Hundereds of loungers side by side in the sand. If your not in row one, forget about seeing the beach. LOUD obnoxious party music blasting (like the Macarena!!) and announcements about games. Not relaxing. The water tramps and climbing icebergs are aways out. Hard on kids. Plus, can't event count the number of dumb people on the paddle boats that have no sense to steer away from people swimming. ONLY reason we went to this beach was due to a free pass.

Paradise Beach:

Sandy beach. Plenty of loungers but spaced out and you still get a view of the water in all areas. NO loud obnoxious party music. Just, nice reggae or local music. Can only hear if your around the bar area. Two water tramps and iceberg within reasonable distance for kids to swim out too. Plenty of options. Nice long pier to run and jump off. Space. Sure it can get busy, but nowhere near Playa Mia. Even on crowded days it's not the worst. Food and drink are good. Bathroom and facilities clean. A favorite for our family for the past few years. Our kids are now 15 and 11.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradise Beach

We went to Playa Mia on our last visit to Cozumel. We're going to Paradise beach this time(spring break). Does anyone know if you can snorkel from the beach? We're taking teens with us and one of the kids friends has never snorkeled, and would like to. Also on our day at port there will be three cruise ships in that day.

What are the chances of getting jet-ski rental without a wait? When we went to Playa Mia there were seven ships in and there was a 2 hour wait for the jet skis. TIA for any help!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,421 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradise Beach

I agree, Playa Bonita is a nice place. The food is good, bathrooms are clean, the ocean water is protected from currents and there is a a nice long beach to walk along.

We went to Palancar two weeks ago and it was right at our "personal limit" for crowds. I guess it is good to see them successful, but I like the slower pace of the east side beaches. (I sound like a NIMBY! Egads!)

However, at each beach you can simply walk 50-100 yards away, spread out a towel, open your cooler and enjoy the scenery w/o the crowds. Of course, if you want beverage service and food, you need to be in their service area.

Pics of each can be found here. Scroll back and forth for other beaches.

Playa Palancar:

…google.com/NahHaCozumel/…5022514888911046946

Play Bonita:

…google.com/NahHaCozumel/…5022515065004706530

9. Re: Paradise Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 15:19