We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not want to have to ask for a certain room but will?

Iowa
Level Contributor
435 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Do not want to have to ask for a certain room but will?

After reading posts on the Palace I am getting a litle worried. I wasunder the imperssion( ALL) were ocen view, now, I find out not so! (IF) we get a a not desirable room? How would ( YOU) handle it? I feel ( ALL) of us spend too much $ on these vacations, am I sounding like a spoiled person or what, hope not?

Steph from Iowa

PS Don't expect the best, just similiar to what I paid for and not the owrst room there, just like everyone else?

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do not want to have to ask for a certain room but will?

Tell ya what Steph...I would be on the phone to the travel agent right now to find out what room they have you in BEFORE you get there....If I got there and found out I was in a crummy road side room...I wolld be P%$# off big time....Call from here while it's toll free...

Allen.

P.S.....I read the same review....

E. Texas
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do not want to have to ask for a certain room but will?

Be nice but ask for what you want. It is your vacation. You spend a lot of money. Get what you want. Spoiled? not likely.

If you get a room that is not what you want, don't hesitate to ask for another. I've found by being nice and showing a little respect I get what I want.

Also remember to tip whoever up grades your room for free.

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
646 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do not want to have to ask for a certain room but will?

I also read the review! It says in my travel documents that ALL rooms are ocean view (and will bring those documents along), but heard it on one review here and on the forum that they have built new "street-side" views. We called American Express and put in "request" for a king, ocean view, upper level floor. Apparently Kings *aren't guaranteed" but a "request".

But they did assure us we should have one ocean view. If that happens to us will try to nicely work it out with hotel, and if not, guess will call the local American Express office.

Kent Island...
Level Contributor
478 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do not want to have to ask for a certain room but will?

Those room were not used as far as I could tell. the hotel was full when we were there. perhaps they are for Palace members?

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do not want to have to ask for a certain room but will?

Don't get me wrong......I'm not saying to go down there bilndly and start an arguement with the hotel....I'm saying if I paid over three hunred dollars a night for an ocean view room and then someone put me in a street room ....Then I would be upset....My Point is...Now that you have the information that there are rooms they are giving out that are one the street.....Call BEFORE you go while you sitll have time to change it BEFORE you get there...That way you have the option of canceling your reservation....and if it's far enough out it will be with little or no penalty....Make sure you get it in writing, so there's no mixup when you arrive......Vacation is suppose to relieve stress....Take care of it now....

Allen.

6. Re: Do not want to have to ask for a certain room but will?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2007, 11:47
7. Re: Do not want to have to ask for a certain room but will?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2007, 16:26
Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Do not want to have to ask for a certain room but will?

...Do I get a conch shell award for nailing you guys to a tee or what?

;-)

-Tom

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do not want to have to ask for a certain room but will?

The most observant award goes to................... Tomthetreeman...YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY !!!!

That was a cool post... [:o)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,445 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do not want to have to ask for a certain room but will?

This is likely the biggest oxymoron I have ever done. When I was in school I NEVER took homework home to do, but now spend countless hours doing it. As a result of your question & the fact I was there last Thurs to photograph it & learned about the road facing rooms I used their web site to get the goods on them. Copy & paste this link, THEN PRINT what comes up on screen.

palaceresorts.com/Resorts/…QuickFacts.htm

Take that printed page with you, it will have the web address and be proof positive that you paid for & MUST be put in an OCEAN VIEW room.

Enjoy, and PLEASE write both a trip report here, & a review in the correct section of T A.