We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorites

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
305 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Favorites

Coming down in Oct.for the first time in 15 years for 8 days looking for suggestions for good reasonable seafood places and chill bars with good food. Any other fun suggestions appreciated.

Mr. Sancho's Beach Club All-Inclusive...
442 Reviews
from US$49.95*
Free Cancellation
Private Jeep Excursion in Cozumel...
262 Reviews
from US$77.50*
Free Cancellation
Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park...
119 Reviews
from US$29.99*
Free Cancellation
26 replies to this topic
Ontario
Level Contributor
132 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorites

We really liked Turquoise on Sunday night. The food, atmosphere, and live music were awesome! I think the band plays from 6ish - 9ish.

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
4,657 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorites

Dick's Dive in the square for great drinks and food. Erick, the owner is a chef. For awesome seafood and anything else we go to El Moro

Mentioned in this post
El Moro
El Moro
956 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,044 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorites

I will mention a couple of my favorites which may get less hype on the forums but still excellent choices for seafood. The first is El Abuelo Gerardo, which is on 10 very near the main square. A popular local spot for many years with some of the lowest priced lobster in town and always good, fresh Red Snapper. Second, I will mention La Conchita Del Caribe on 65 and a favorite with locals for fresh seafood. You can select the fish you want and it will be prepared as you like.

So many excellent choices on the island.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorites

Good places to mention Robert. We like Conchita alot. We also like El Torito on 65. Albino's also.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
416 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorites

Another vote for Dick's Dive.

Great food...so much better than your average "Bar Food". Also a great music selection.

Erick is Da' Man!

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorites

Albino's bacon wrapped shrimp!!..........on 20th between calles 10 and 12..........they are also a nice "cantina" with free botanas in the afternoon!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorites

For fun, Playa Azul on Sunday afternoons - live band. Woody's in the evenings and Dick's Dive makes a great margarita.

I love the Garlic Shrimp at O'Hana's!

Mentioned in this post
Playa Azul
Playa Azul
178 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Arlington WA
Level Contributor
4,657 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorites

Wow - I'm getting hungry AND thirsty reading this thread :) Gracias kwing - O'hana's is on our list now. Love garlic shrimp! And I told Erick at Dick's Dive that he now has Sam's #1 margarita spot. Mezcalito's had it for years but something happened when we were there last May. I tried 2 just to make sure it wasn't a mistake.

Edited: 16 August 2017, 22:36
Texas
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorites

Sam-The margaritas at Mezcalito's tasted like they always have when we were there in May. Maybe when you were there a rookie was making them...although their recipe is super simple. Kwing- what kind of music is at Playa Azul on Sundays? We go there a lot but usually we're at Sky Reef for salsa on Sunday afternoon. Maybe next time we'll go to P.A. and then Turquoise to hear Red Eye Band at 6 p.m. Kevolution- I'm still kicking myself for not making it to Chillin' Bistro when we were there. Everybody seems to like it. chillinbistro.restaurantwebexperts.com/

Mentioned in this post
Playa Azul
Playa Azul
178 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorites

mdp - the band played mostly classic rock from 70's-90's. I don't remember the name, but it was an all male band. We enjoyed it :)

Reply to: Favorites
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted