We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report

Fargo, ND
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Trip report

Just got back from Cozumel last night late. I was the one fretting about the weather before we left. The weather was perfect from the minute we landed saturady afternoon the 10th until we left yesterday! Our first time to the airport & we did the walk out to the road thing for a cab. Piece of cake.! You save time & money. A no brainer. We stayed at the Cozumel Palace & that was perfect. We got one of the lofts!!!!! We did the Chankanaab Park tour thru the hotel with Jorge(he's great) & did the resort scuba dive with him & Favio at Sand Dollar. That was a blast!!! We took the ferry twice to Playa - once to check out Palancar Palace & once to go to Xelha. No problems any crossing. There are a million other things to tell & I will post a review on the hotel site later. I give the Cozumel Palace a 10 or a five * however you can rate it , it was amazing!!! Thanks to everyone for all great info prior to leaving!!!!! DCW

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report

did you ask for a loft room or did they just give it to you? are you a palace member? what room # was it and did it have a draw back being on the ground floor? did you do the tulum tour thru palace?

Ohio
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report

Cant wait to hear your trip report! I will be there in less than 3 months!

Fargo, ND
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report

We did not ask for the loft room #109- I think it's the luck of the draw? It's close to the South end pool, outdoor grill , towel pickup, snorkel gear & activities hut. Noise is the only problem as it really echos down the hall. My thought is they should carpet at least the walls & ceiling to absorb sound. DCW

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report

oooh so maybe sharing a bed and staying on a upper floor would be better. thanks for the info. did you do any palace tours?

Fargo, ND
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report

Forgot to answer your other ?'s. No , we are not palace members & our neighbors were not. They were pleasantly surprised as well.. The Tulum trip/Xupa is on Tuesdays with Jorge & we decided not as it is an all day deal starting at 7:30 & returns at 5:oo. We rented a jeep thru the hotel on Tuesday to drive around the island, that was a blast as well!!! Stopped at Punta Sur- $10.00 but is worth it. beautiful beach & snorkeling climb the lighthouse see crocodile. pontoon ride around lagoon. What everyone says is true; you have to go to the east side, it's great! DCW

NJ
Level Contributor
553 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report

What's this whole "walk out to the road for a cab" thing I keep reading about?

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report

I can't understand why you had to do the 'walk out to the road thing for a cab'. I thought that transfers were part of the package. I know that for members, as I am, it is included and you have to go to their website to confirm your transfers. But I also thought that it applied to everyone who stayed there. But I guess I could be wrong...

Regardless, I'm glad that you found the Palace to be as wonderful ad we all try to describe. Can't wait for the trip report. Try to put as much detail as possible into your report.

USA
Level Contributor
915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report

What was the price of the jeep rental thru the hotel? I really want to do that, and renting right from the hotel would make things so much easier.

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report

They wanted $80 per day from the resort when I tried to rent one from them. You can contact Isis and get a much cheaper deal, although the jeeps at the resort were new jeeps and the ones in town are somewhat used and sometimes beat-up...

Ohio
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report

I would also like to know the cost of renting the jeep, i'm willing to pay a little more on vacation for convience