We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

would my kids get passports in time?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UP
3 posts
Save Topic
would my kids get passports in time?

Hi There,

I just found a great deal for cozumel on the 14th of April for a week stay for me and my family, except both my kids 17 and 15 don't have passports yet. Would it be to late?

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
119 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: would my kids get passports in time?

You should probably go to your closest passport office - not the post office or Court House - a place where they can actually issue the passport - look at the State Dept website to find the closest one to you - it'll probably be in a major city. It'll require an interview in person. Call them first (try close to midnight eastern time) and plan on holding for awhile - to be sure you can get them before you book the trip.

Grand Haven,MI.
Level Contributor
599 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: would my kids get passports in time?

Have you read my post about passports? AAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!

We applied 2/20 and they said 4/22---leaving4/16--oh and did I say

AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

If that UP thing by your name means the UP of MI. there probably isn't a main office very close, but read the responses to my post and go from there----Best of luck

WAllyman

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
642 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: would my kids get passports in time?

Only chance would probably be going to Chicago (or whatever regional office is near you.) I had to do this once a few years back when I had to go on a last minute trip to Paris and my passport was expired.

Drove from Iowa to Chicago. Got there when it opened. Stood in line for a couple hours. Filled out and turned in application. Returned about 2 PM. Waited about two more hours, and then got passport in person. Of course, the lines might be even longer now, due to the new passport requirements.

Good luck!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,311 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: would my kids get passports in time?

If you're willing to pay for it, you can get a passport almost overnight.

UP
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: would my kids get passports in time?

Thanks for your responses. Do you know much much it would cost per person to overnight it? Thanks

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: would my kids get passports in time?

Do an online search for passports. Lots of sites to expedite an order. Just be sure you have the correct birthcertificates.

7. Re: would my kids get passports in time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 17:21