We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Day 1

Geneseo, IL
Level Contributor
103 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Day 1

My wife and I are visiting for probably the 10th time. We love Cozumel and dream of living here in retirement. We flew American out of our local small airport through DFW. Flights were uneventful with a 3 hour layover in Dallas. We arrive around 3 with a full plane of people so baggage took a little while immigration was quick. I hit the button at the custom’s station and hit a whammy. Bag search! Once through that we walked to the main road and took a taxi to ISIS for our convertible bug from Maragarita. Scored a purple people eater! Got all our bags loaded up and checked into Coral Princess where we did and RCI timeshare exchange. I asked for an upgrade and was able to get an ocean front room for $25 a day. They also delivered a refrigerator to our room upon request. We unpacked and went to get a drink. We decided to head to Sunset for Happy Hour. We got 4 beers and some guacamole for $224 pesos. A little pricy we thought but it was good. We then hit Mega to stock our refrig with drinks and a few snacks along with the ATM. We always use the one in Mega and have never had a problem. Took everything back to our room and then headed back out to Los Seras for an Al Patour pizza to go. It took about 20 minutes and it started to rain on us. Remember we have a convertible? Well we got the top up, kinda and made it back without getting too wet. Pizza was excellent and that was all we needed to call it a night after a long day of traveling.

12 replies to this topic
Lk Stevens Wa
Level Contributor
805 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Day 1

Hey...take care of Barney...guess we won't be renting it this trip as you got to it before us. We too are at the CP this week. Great value for the price.

Geneseo, IL
Level Contributor
103 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Day 1

Feel free to say hi to him or us if you see us! :)

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,817 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Day 1

Thanks much for the good report. And you had one of my favorite pizzas. I really love the pizza Pastor there.

Enjoy your trip.

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
336 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Day 1

How are the restaurants at the Coral Princess? We were thinking of walking over and having dinner one evening .

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Day 1

Great report. Gracias!

LOL. We've rented Barney several times. He does not like the wet weather. In heavy downpours the water from the road comes up through a hole in the floorboard and the distributor can get wet, resulting in hard starting, but we still love him.

Geneseo, IL
Level Contributor
103 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Day 1

Kevolution we have not eaten hear yet but all the reviews are that the food is good. They have a seafood spread on Sunday afternoon. Could be a good idea if the rain doesn’t stay away today.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Day 1

Nice report, thanks for posting.

As for getting the red light at customs...in 20+ trips to Coz, either myself or someone else in my party has always gotten the red light EVERY trip! lol

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report Day 1

Hi Kevolution,

I know Mal-Perro and his wife have eaten at Coral Princess for dinner a couple of times, so it must be good. :) Sunday is seafood night (at least it was in May) give it a chance.

We have only had margaritas at the swim up bar

Thanks for the review about Sunset - I've heard they have good margaritas. Y'all can have Barney, we won't be renting that (even though I think ours was blue) again ;)

Enjoy your time in paradise.

Edited: 22 October 2017, 20:13
Arlington WA
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report Day 1

re: Barney: Every time I see that bug going down the road I think to myself" 'there goes somebody who really knows their way around a VW Bug' :)

NC
Level Contributor
292 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report Day 1

We enjoy Los Seras pizza too. Love that local place. thanks for report. keep them coming. enjoy for all of us!

Reply to: Trip Report Day 1
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted