We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Day 2

Geneseo, IL
Level Contributor
103 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Day 2

Well it is the raining season so rain is to be expected. We didn’t mind out first day being a relaxing on. We started the morning with late breakfast at El Bungalow. It was great and very resonalble. I highly recommend. After breakfast we could tell the rain was coming some we headed back to Coral Princess to lounge around. After naps, we headed to find a good happy hour spot. We parked in a parking lot and walked to the square. Stopped and Dicks and they said no happy hour but free tacos at 6. It was only 4:30 so we kept walking. I thought maybe Kelly’s would have a special so we walked and walked and the decided I really didn’t know where Kelly’s was. Hahaha. I did look it up later so now I know. So we turned back around and ended up back at Dicks. We stayed long enough for the a few free tacos we though prices were decent as we had 6 beers, guacamole and the tacos for less than $300 pesos. After getting cleaned up we headed to dinner and Kinta. It was very good. I had the wood fire fish (snapper) and my wife had the Paskado tuna. Just enough food. With one drink each, water and dinner it was $930 peso. We finished the evening at the Pub for a couple drinks and live music.

By the way Barney is doing just fine. We have leaned to put the top up before we think it is going to rain. That has served us much better!

Today we dive!

6 replies to this topic
Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
343 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Day 2

Very nice report,we are staying just north of you and stopped by Dicks also last night. Earlier this week we asked a Taxi to take us to Calle 3 and he took us to Kellys.

fort worth
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Day 2

Neat. Been years, but we have had the Barney car too!

PA
Level Contributor
879 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Day 2

Love the reports....please keep them coming. We LOVE the Barney car. It has been one of the best for us. One time Margarita did not have a car for our reservation so we got a camo one that I think was from the mainland and it was even better!

We also liked El Bungalow for breakfast. I am trying to compile a list of new places to try so I will be watching all the trip reports.

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
4,929 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Day 2

El Bungalow huevos rancheros and a bloody mary is a fine Mexican breakfast!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Day 2

Try Cafe Del Mar for breakfast. They are next door north of El bungalow. That’s our go to place!

Edited: 23 October 2017, 21:27
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Day 2

Kinta - really liked that place too. We enjoyed many drinks at Dick's - haven't tried their food...........yet! Hope you get some sunshine.

Thanks

Reply to: Trip Report Day 2
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted